Thirty

The days seemed to be going slowly for the girl.

December pasted and the girl mourned the day her daughter would've been one

January came and the girl celebrated the new year with Jo and Chris and cried a little on her mother's birthday.

February then rolled around and Alex helped Chris put together a romantic dinner for Jo since it was the month of love. But she couldn't help but wonder if draco had a knew lover. If he had someone helping him to put together a romantic night.

March passed and Alex celebrated Ron's birthday from afar, almost ashamed she wasn't there to see one of her best friends turn a year older.

Then April came, and on the first she sang happy birthday to the twins and baked them a cake, even tho they didn't know, she did. She knew and she was quite proud.

Just before May came Alex received a letter from the order

Dear Alexandria Potter,

We are in desperate need of your help back home. Please come as soon as possible

It was short but efficient.

So on April 28th, 1998 Alex packed her bags and said goodbye to Jo and Chris, thanking them for letting her stay and promising them she'd come back to visit.

But before she could leave Chris pulled her to the side

"Are you ready to fight in the war?" He asked once Jo was out of earshot.

"Is anyone ever ready to fight?" She answered back

The older man shook his head, "no, but you have to be. You go and be strong Alex. Show them what your made of okay?"

"Thank you Chris, for helping me in such a dark time of my life. I'm forever great full for you and Jo"

Chris smiled and hugged the girl, "you go and be great"

Alex nodded her head and hugged the man one last time before going into the fire place a saying the Address of where the order was meeting.

She didn't know how long she was in there, but it was enough time for her to think. She had changed over the course of ten months. She grew colder, like the last part of her childhood died with Eleanor. She wondered if anyone would notice, if anyone would care. What if they wouldn't accept her because of her new ways. About how now all she ever thought about was killing Voldemort and Lucius, and whoever else was involved in the murder of her parents and Eleanor.

About how she craved to see their souls leave their eyes once Alex had defeated them. She wasn't the same anymore, she had accepted that. But would everyone else?

When she arrived in the fire place, receiving glances from the older adults at the table, it looked like the meeting had already begun

"I'm sorry I'm late" Alex said as she took a seat next to Remus, who gave the girl a quick hug

"So this is the girl we're supposed to rely on to save the world? She can't even arrive on time" an older women complained, giving Alex a nasty look.

Kingsley Then spoke up, "Alex is a young witch with great ability, she is a good asset to us"

"She's underage!"

"She's the reason the war started!"

"Her and her brother are the cause!"

The small group began to argue, causing Alex to shrink into her seat.

She never liked to be the reason people fought, but she supposed they were right.