After it all

Alex was determined to never face death again with the feeling that she had not accomplished something to better the world.

She needed Something that people would remember her by when she was long gone, something that didn't kill hundreds of people.

So she did what she knew her parents would want from her

She opened an orphanage for kids in the Wizarding world who where just like her and Harry, she later went on to open a shelter for abused house elves who had no where else to go.

And she did it all with Eleanor in mind and Fred by her side.

Alex also remembered when she gave birth to Josephine, her and Fred's first daughter, who she had named after the old lady who took care of her in New York.

She remembered the fear that Alex wouldn't be able to love Josephine the same way she loved Eleanor.

But something about seeing Fred carry the little girl, the way the baby's eyes matched her husbands, made her once again feel complete.

And just like the first time, it only took her seconds to Fall in love with her new daughter.

So as Alex watched Josephine board the train for her first year at Hogwarts, she couldn't help but wipe away a tear, causing Fred to squeeze her hand in support

"I can't believe she's already going to school" the ginger said as he smiled down to his wife, who smiled right back.

After the war had finished, Alex found Fred unconscious outside of the Ravenclaw common room. But after a few weeks at the hospital, he was fine. He was alive.

So right after he got out, the pair announced their engagement, and about five years later they got married.

Much to everyone's surprise, Ginny, Hermione and Alex had all fallen pregnant the same year.

So their kids had a best friend built in for life, which made the girl happy, they'd always have someone there.

"Will you take Christopher to the car? I think I should talk to Harry" the girl whispered in Fred's ear, he nodded and took the infant from his wife's arms and left the station

"Isn't it crazy we where them at some point?" Harry said once it was just the twins left on the station

Alex nodded, "seems so long ago we were getting sorted into the houses. So long ago when we first stepped onto that train. For some reason it feels like it was even longer ago the last time we stepped off it it"

Harry let out a heavy sigh, "Will you and Fred come over for dinner on Sunday? Ginnys trying out a new recipe and I'm slightly scared to try it on my own"

Alex chucked, "we'll be there at six"

Harry nodded and kissed his sisters forehead before walking off and leaving her alone

"Alex?" She heard an all to familiar voice say from behind her after a few moments alone.

"Draco" she said as she let out a breath with a smile

The two ran into each others arms, meeting each other half way and falling into the others embrace

The boy still smelt the same, new books, strong cologne. Green apple and rain

"So are you and Fred still together" he asked once they pulled apart

Alex smiled, "yeah we are. We got married a couple years after the war. We've got two kids now, Josephine, who actually just got on the train, very hard to watch by the way, and Christopher. How about you? Ever find someone"

The blonde boy nodded while smiling, "yeah I've got a wife and a boy, Scorpius"

The girl nodded and the two fell into an uncomfortable silence

"Are you happy?" The blonde asked

Alex thought for a moment, she had Fred, who was her husband but also her best friend. She had two amazing kids who taught her knew things everyday

Her job was doing what she loved most, helping people. Her and Harry were still the iconic potter twins.

The Weasleys where still her family, and hermione was still like a sister to her.

So she smiled before answering

"I've never been happier Draco"