Chapter 1:

Heels tapped down the hallway as Gaia walked to her father's study with fresh cookies stacked upon a plate. She walked through the large doors with a big smile on her face making her chocolate brown eyes twinkle, "Papa, I've brought you snacks. "
The older man looked up, his blue eyes meeting his daughters. He sat back stroking his salt and pepper beard for a moment , "Gaia you are too kind. I was just thinking I would love a snack."
She clasped her hands together and beamed at her father, "Papa, you never turn down a cookie. I know you!"
Gaia was stunning, flawless caramel skin, plump rosy lips, large breasts, supple hips, thick thighs, and long legs. Her body curved in all the right places and offered just enough cushion to fill out any dress in such a way that would make a man drool. Fernando knew how stunning his daughter was, that was why he hid his modest home in the country, far from spying eyes. Fernando was a handsome man himself, salt and pepper hair was always neatly slicked back, his caramel skin was lined slightly from age giving him an air of distinction, he was tall and incredibly fit, and he carried himself with pride. He and Gaia lived together in peace, he never brought work home, he didn't want anything to endanger his little princess. Gaia was all he had in this world. Her mother had died when she was an infant because of his work and he refused to chance the same sort of fate for his Gaia.
Fernando rubbed his temples lightly and returned his attention to his calendar book he had been writing in, "Gaia, I will be leaving early tomorrow morning my dear. I must travel to Bologna for work."
Gaia looked out the study window at the rolling land before her littered with the grazing cattle and horses her father owned. To the outside world he looked the part of a humble cattle and horse breeder. Their home was nestled in the countryside near Marche and was surrounded by beautiful fields and vineyards. She turned her attention to her father, "Papa, will you be gone long?"
He smiled softly and motioned for her to come to him. She perched herself on his knee as she had since she was a little girl, "I will only be gone a week at most my little one. Now, can you pack Papa some cookies to take?"
As soon as Gaia left the room Fernando dialed his long time friend Marco, "Ah, Marco. Fernando here. Sì, sto bene. Listen dear friend I am contracted to go to Bologna. If anything should happen you know what to do. I leave tomorrow."
On the other end of the line Marco Ricci listened to his dear friend's words and smiled gently at his words, "Ah, I know what your wishes are Fernando. But as I say each time, you will come home to Gaia. You are the best there is."
The two soon ended their call and Marco sat staring absentmindedly into space. With a sigh he stood and walked through his home and into his garage. Soon he was zooming away from his mansion with two of his guards to visit his son.

***
Marco pulled into the mansion sitting regally among the Tuscan countryside and nodded his hello to the men who milled about the gates. Soon he was ushered into the home and made his way to his son's study. Marco looked across the desk at the intimidating figure, "Raffaele, whom did you contract?"
The young man lifted dark eyes to meet his father's gaze, "Nicola. Whom else would I be looking for?"
"I have told you before to leave Nicola." The older man growled as he raked a veiny hand through his graying hair.
Raffaele shook his head, his strong jaw set in determination as he stared at his father, "He has gone too far this time. He killed two of my best men. Tortured them for information. Tortured their wives. That is too far. One was with child father. I will not let Nicola go."
His father looked tired. Raffaele motioned for him to sit. With a sigh he sat his towering frame in a chair across from his son, "I only worry for Fernando my son. If anything happened to him..."
Raffaele cut him off, "Father, if anything happened you would liquidate his estate as his will directs. That is all."
"It's not all. He has a daughter."
Raffaele stared at his father, " His daughter died with his wife."
Marco shook his head, "That's what he allowed to circulate in order to protect her."
"She is an adult now." He growled, his gaze darkening.
Marco stared at his son for a moment before speaking, "If anything happens to Fernando it is you Raffaele who will take responsibility for telling her and seeing to it she is cared for. I have spoken my piece to you Raffaele and you will bear the burden." With that he stood and strode out of his son's home. Marco knew that Raffaele was taking an unnecessary risk sending Fernando but he understood his son's bloodlust. He could only pray that it would not cost him his dearest friend.

****
Gaia ran a brush through her long black locks. The help had left a few hours ago and she felt alone with her Papa away. Sighing she climbed into her bed and switched off her bedside lamp. She picked up her phone and sent a quick text to her best friend Lorenzo; Are you still visiting me tomorrow? It's lonely without papa.
His reply dinged on her phone moments later; I'll be there mid morning Gaia. How long is he gone for this time?
She sighed softly; A week at most. Papa didn't seem to know how long it would take exactly but no more than that.
She laid her phone on her nightstand and closed her eyes, it had already been five days and she had heard nothing from him. Surely he would reach out tomorrow and tell her he'd be home on the next available fight. That's how it usually went. Her eyes fluttered a little as she drifted to sleep thinking of her papa.