1. Liz and Ron

"Go to your fucking room and don't show me your disgusting face," my mom yells out at me from the kitchen. Her and my step dad, Ron, were sitting at the kitchen counter basically eating each other's faces off.

This day started off as any other. I woke up hungry from not being able to eat any dinner because I accidentally spilled some of Ron's beer while opening the bottle. I took a cold water shower and started getting ready for school when my so called mother summoned me from her room to fetch her some more beer from the fridge.

As I was doing so, Ron demanded me to get him some chips 'right now' from the store which made me miss the school bus and forget my mom's beer. This in turn, got me a few hard slaps and a kick in the shin from my mom. Oh, and a detention for reaching late but it was the last day of senior year anyway.

I never told anyone that my 'parents' did this to me. I had nowhere to go, no money, and no friends. If I turned them to the police, I would be forced into a life which could probably be worse than what I already had. A little part of me also hoped that my mother would change for good and be the way she used to when I was younger.

But, with my dad dead, that was highly unlikely. I was eighteen years old, but I was pretty much crippled in every part of my life. I would always get fired from jobs for showing up late or just not showing up , because I was unconscious in my room.

In all honesty, I wish I had left when I had the chance to. But I didn't. And now, I can't.

"Why are you standing there? I said. Get. Out." My mom glared at me making me shudder. I really didn't want another beating. I can't bear the pain. I guess no dinner for me. Again.

I went to my room which was not much. Just a bed and a dresser. I crawled in my bed and cuddled Mr. Snow tightly. Mr. Snow was my stuffie. He protected me and gave me company when I was all alone. He was my best friend.

I didn't have many friends in school because I wasn't very...social. But I guess I didn't need them. Mr. Snow was always there when I needed and he didn't ask any questions which was good.

I changed out of my jeans and put on the only pair of pajamas that I owned. They were old but they were comfy and had little turtles on them. They made me feel little.

I often fell into littlespace when I was sad or hurt or frustrated or angry. Which was quite a lot of time. It helped me cope. It helped me relax and forget about the real world. This was also one of the reasons I didn't have many friends. Because they would find me disgusting or yucky.

As soon as I felt my eyes get heavy, the door jolted open and Ron and mom bathed in. I curled up in the corner and looked at them with fearful eyes.

"You're leaving." My mom announced.

What.

Where.

"What do you mean?"

"We enrolled you in a military boot camp and you're going. We can't afford your shit anymore. Pack your bags. You leave at 6." They said and Ron walked out.

"But-but.." I started but my mom cut me.

"And throw that trash stuffed animal away. You embarrass me."

I felt my lip started to tremble. Where was I going. Why? How can I go into a military boot camp? I'm not even strong. Tears started falling from my eyes as I held Mr. Snow closer to me. Why was my life such a mess.

I walked out of my room and knocked on my mothers door. This was a mistake.

"What the fuck do you want?"

"P-please don't send me away. I'll do whatever you want" I begged.

"Liz, can you tell her to shut up? She's disturbing us." Ron spoke out from behind her.

"I don't want to hear anything. Pack your shit."

"PLEASE!" I sobbed.

Ron appeared from behind her and looked down at me. He grabbed my hair and harshly shoved me out. He slapped the back of my head hard and I could feel myself get dizzy. "Get out." He spat and shut the door.

I managed to make my way to my room and lied on the bed, hoping the pain would go away. After a bit, I put the few clothes I had in a duffle bag with Mr. Snow and my pajamas. I stopped myself from crying and hoped tomorrow would be better.