2. BootCamp

It was 5:30am and I was tired with bags under my eyes. I couldn't sleep all night and kept crying my eyes out. I couldn't believe this.

"Bitch you better be ready. The bus leaves soon." My mom said as she entered my room. I had already taken a quick shower and had put on my jeans and sneakers.

I just nodded my head and looked down.

"What are you waiting for? Christmas? Get going." She insisted. It wasn't even 6. I guess she wanted me out of here as soon as possible. I kept looking down as the tears fell out of my eyes.

I got up and walked past her, into the living room. I didn't dare to look back and I went out the door without a word. My throat hurt from crying but more tears kept falling out of my eyes.

As I waited outside the door, a large bus stopped right in front of me. A tall bulky man got out the front and held a list in his hand. He looked at me with an amusing look. "June Thompson?" He asked as his 7 foot body hovered over me. I nodded slowly. "Well, this is going to be tough for you" he added and asked me to get in the bus.

As I walked in, the bus was pretty full with people who looked stronger, bigger and larger than me. Way bigger. I walked towards a seat that was empty and sat there, ignoring everyone else.

"What are you here for? Playing tag?" One guy cocked his eyebrow and smirked at me. I bit my lip and looked away. "You can't even fucking reply. Pussy." Another guy yelled out from the back and everyone started laughing. I hated this.

I wish I would disappear. I squeezed my eye shut and put in my headphones. I just wanted Mr. Snow.

After what felt like ages, the bus came to a stop and the door opened. A man who was in his early twenties entered the bus and stood right in the centre of the isle.

"RECRUITS! Eyes up here." He said with a lot of command in his voice. He seemed to be the one in charge. He was kind of intimidated. "I'm going to now take a head count and call out everyone's names. You will stand up, salute and line up outside the bus."

This gave me so much social anxiety. I just hoped no one made fun of me. He started calling out a list of names and I waited in my seat, my leg bobbing up and down due to anxiety.

"June Thompson, 34"

Oh no. That was me.

I got up from my seat and heard a few snickers. I tried ignoring them and stood in front of the man. I saluted and looked at the ground, walking past him. I felt his gaze on my back.

After everyone was lined up, the man started to speak again.

"You will all refer to me as Chief. I am your mentor and training chief. I will personally check everyone's strength and power individually and decide on the roles. Now, number 1, get in the tent." He said and the first person went in.

I stood there as he called out numbers after numbers. The sun was hitting hard and I just hope I didn't faint. I hadn't eating much anyway. As the chief reached number 33, my anxiety started to grow.

He came out and yelled out the number "Lola Rose, 35". He looked at me firmly. "Thompson, you will wait till the end." I just nodded as I felt everyone's gaze on me. I definitely stood out here

I was only 5'2" and everyone here was at least 5'9". I was really skinny and scrawny and everyone was well built. I did not belong here. But I don't have anywhere to go.

"June." He called out and motioned me in. "Everyone, drop your stuff. 2 LAPS. NOW. GO" he went in the tent and I followed him.

"So, what is a girl like you doing here? You clearly don't fit the build and strength of the program." I just looked at him and clenched my fist. I just wanted to get out of here. He looked so intimidating and his eyes pierced into mine.

"I-um-I, I don't k-know, Chief" I answered stuttering a little. My nails dig into my palms and I could feel myself getting scared.

"Leave then. Nobody asked you be here. If you don't know what you are here for, I reckon you leave. This isn't going to be easy for you."

"Please. Can you p-please give me a chance?" I looked down and bit my lip.

He sighed. "Alright. Let's see. 2 laps and 10 push ups. Go." He commanded. Well, shit. I couldn't even do one push up. Let alone running. I shook my head and got out. I had to.

I started to jog towards the field. The field was. Huge. It was almost 500 metres long. How was I ever going to do this.

"RUN. NOT JOG, THOMPSON!"

I took a deep breath and started to run on the field. By the time I finished my first lap, I was panting and sweating profusely. I sucked it and started running the second lap. This time, I went much slower but chief didn't really say anything so it was okay. As I finished the second lap, I could hear my heart in my throat and I collapsed on the ground, panting. The rest of the group was already escorted to the dorms.

"10 push ups. Go. No breaks." He barked.

I ignored the faint feeling in my brain and got in a plank. Fuck.

I tried going down to do one push up but my arms gave up, leaving me flat on the ground.

"Get up. Go to my office and sit there. I'll be there in 2." Chief said and I was so grateful for that. My cheeks were red from all the workout and I was feeling somewhat dizzy. I got up and walked to the tent near the field.

I sat on one of the chairs and put my head on the desk, hoping it stopped spinning. In a little while, I heard the flaps of the tent open and chief walk in. I snapped my head up, which was a mistake. Everything started to spin and I shut my eyes trying to get back to normal.

He sat in front of me and handed a bottle of water. "Here. Drink up." He said, in a much nicer tone.

"T-thank you" I whispered.

"Okay, so. Tell me truthfully. Why are you here? And I don't want any lies. Understand?" I bit my lip. The way he looked at me made me feel so small and timid.

"M-my parents k-kind of forced me into this. I'm sorry please don't send me back. I'll try harder!" I begged as I knew what would happen if I was rejected from this boot camp and sent back. They would definitely beat me to death.

"Arent you of legal age?"

"I am. I j-just don't have anywhere to go, or any money. I don't have any option..." I said truthfully, feeling guilty and disgusted. I dug my nails into my palms.

"Okay. We have a medical coming up. If you don't pass that, there's nothing I can really do. But if you do, I am willing to give you an easier role. Do you understand that?" I sigh in relief and nod my head.

"Answer me." He said a little louder that made me flinch.

"Yes chief. I understand." I mumble.

"Now, onto your dorms with the rest. I'll call everyone in 10 minutes for the medical. Go."

I got up from the chair and felt a little better. I collected my bag and walked to the dorms.