6. Tangled

A few days went by and the days passed monotonously. It was finally Friday which meant that Ashton and I both had 2 days off of everything. I was excited because honestly, I was really exhausted from getting people and human interaction. I just wanted to spend some time by myself.

However, for some reason, when I got back form the medical station, I started to think about mom, and Ron and my dad and my mood just dropped. I felt even more exhausted and low. I walked into the cabin only to see Ashton sitting on his bed and talking to someone on the phone.

"I don't know if she would like it. Maybe just ask her yourself." He said on the phone.He looked at me as I entered and smiled before getting back to the phone call. "Yeah, mum doesn't like half the things we get her anyway."

I went to my bed and lied down with my blankie on top of me and Mr. Snow in my arms. I had gotten a text from my mum that my high-school diploma was dropped off at home and that I could collect it if I ever went back there which she hoped I didn't.

When did my mum turn like this? She wasn't always like this. She was actually pretty amazing when I Wass little. But, when my dad died in a car accident, she lost it. She started hating me and hating herself. She started using drugs and alcohol and well, Ron.

Speaking of Ron, the bruises on my shin and my back were still pretty visible. But I never wore shorts or anything so they stayed covered.

I didn't even realise but tears had started falling out of my eyes. I wasn't sobbing or making a sound but I was crying. And it hurt. How could someone's own mum do this to their child?

"Okay, talk later bro." Ashton hung up. I pulled my blankie closer to my face so he didn't notice. "June?" He called out but I decided to pretend to sleep.

A few moments passed and I heard the front door close. Did Ashton go out? I took the blanket off of my face and slayed on the bed facing the ceiling. Tears still kept rolling out of my eyes but I kept silent.

Suddenly, the front door opened again and I quickly tried to cover my face. "June, what's up? Everything okay?" I didn't reply pretending to sleep again. "I know you're awake..." he whispered and stood next to me. Fuck.

A sob escaped me and I tried to hide it with sniffling. "June, come on, tell me what's wrong." I just shook my head under the blanket and stayed there. I felt a hand on my head and Ashton started to slowly stroke my hair. That felt so soothing. The blanket was slowly removed from my face and I tried to hide it with my arm.

"Hey, hey! What happened? Did someone hurt you?" I just shook my head again. I felt two strong arms on my back and he moved me into a sitting position. He sat in front of me and pushed my chin up so I faced him. I was so embarrassed but it felt good to know that someone cared.

When I looked at him, I burst into tears. I couldn't stop myself and all the bad memories returned. He just held me and rubbed my back. "Shh. It's going to be okay."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to cry. It's just that I thought about everything that happened in the past and it m-made me sad. My mom is a fuck up and her husband is an alcoholic and everything is just too much for me to handle. I just wish things were different. I wish my dad didn't die. I wish someone cared about me. It's just too much. I'm sorry." I ranted and got out of breath by the end of it.

Ashton rubbed my back and stroked my hair. "I'm so sorry this had to happen to you. But I know you're stronger than this and you can get through it. I can help you get through it, if you want me to. Just know that there's people who care about you, okay? I care about you. And I can't even imagine how it would've been for you but I want to help and I want you to know that you're stronger than this."

I sobbed and wiped my tears. I pulled Ashton in for a hug and just laid there as he held me. It just felt good. Different but good.

"How about we watch a movie?" He suggested. I nodded and he walked up to get his laptop. "Do you wanna sit together?" He asked. I moved to the side and patted at the space next to me for him to sit.

"Can we watch Tangled?" I whispered.

"Of course. We can watch whatever you want!" I smiled. He sat next to me so our shoulders were touching and I was kind of blushing. He started playing the movie.

Halfway through the movie, I was singing with the songs and so was Ashton. I was surprised that he even knew the songs. "Pascal is my favourite!" I exclaimed.

"Ah, no! Maximus is mine!"

"You're silly!"

"So are you, cutie." I blushed at that nickname.

"I had a question for you, June." He said as he paused the movie. I looked up at him and he continued. "Let me tell you that you can reject it and we will never talk about it again."

"What's the question?" I asked curiously.

"Would you....want....to be my little?" He said and I bit my lip. It's not that I hadn't thought about this at all. My cheeks went all red and I looked down to cover my blush. "You can say no. I'm sorry I shouldn't have-"

"Yes. I would like that..." I said I tried to cover my blush.

He looked at me with wide eyes and a surprised look on his face. "You're serious?"

"Mhmm..." I nodded my head and smiled. "I want you as my daddy..." I whispered.

Suddenly, I was engulfed in a hug. "I couldn't be happier!" He smiled and kissed me on the forehead.

I smiled widely. "I still wanna finish the movie.."

"Of course, I wouldn't have it any other way."