5. Colouring

"Really?" I asked. I couldn't believe it. I had never met a real life daddy ever.

"Yeah, why would I lie." He said and smiled at me.

"So you're not weirded out by me?" I look at my toes.

"Not at all! I would love to know more about Mr. Snow and how you want pet turtles!" He said and patted my head making me blush. "And, if you want, I can arrange some colouring books for you." He winked.

Omg! I loved colouring and drawing!!! I had one book but when my mum found out, she threw it away. I smiled widely at him and wiped the stray tears on my cheeks. "YES please!! I love colouring!!!!"

"Do you?! Well then, I can get you some tomorrow! And then after dinner, you can colour a pretty picture." I squealed and nodded my head. I was so excited. "But now, it's time to go to bed." He announced.

I groaned and pouted.

"Come on! You have to wake up at 5:30 tomorrow. Off to sleep you go!"

"Fiiine!" I say and crawl under my blankie. I pull it all the way to my neck and hold Mr. Snow close to me. "Night night!"

"Goodnight, June." He says and turns the lights off.

————

My phone alarm rings at 5:30am and I wake up, rubbing my eyes. I see Ashton standing in front of the mirror and brushing through his hair. "Morning!" He chirps and smiled at me through the mirror.

I look like an absolute mess.

I groan and get out of bed, walking to the bathroom. I hate early mornings. I quickly brush my teeth and get in the shower. I take the quickest shower and wrap myself in my fluffy towel. I change into a black t-shirt and some sweatpants and walk out.

Ashton stands there in his uniform. "I'm gonna go now. You know how to get to the post right?" He asked and I nodded my head. "Great. See ya in a bit!" He says and goes out. I braid my hair again and wear my sneakers.

I close the door and lock it before walking towards the post. When I reach there, I see a woman in her mid forties standing there with a big smile on her face. "You must be June! I'm Mary. I'll be helping you today!"

"Hello!" I saw kindly and she asks me to follow her to the where the medics were.

"This is our little team. That's Aaron, Anj, Ronny and Miles." She pointed at the people standing and they all greeted me with a huge smile. "Everyone, this is June." I waved at them.

Mary was teaching me the names of all the equipment and first aid stuff. Even though I was concentrating on her, I couldn't get last night out of my head. Was I really living in the same cabin as a daddy?! That's so weird. But he's been really nice to me. And he's pretty cute too. No I didn't just say that. Yuck.

"So, do you want to try arranging all of these in the separate boxes?" Mary asks.

"Okay!"

I finish the work that she has given me quickly and perfectly and she returns. "That was very quick! I'm very happy with your work. Anj is walking towards the bootcamp zone. You can follow her and assist anyone who is hurt or injured. She'll show you the ropes."

I was with Anj who seems to be really really nice. "So, did you finish school?" She asked me while we were walking.

"Mhmm. It was my last day of school a few days back!"

"That's great! You seemed to work really well! It was amazing for your first day. I remember I couldn't even remember half the names of the equipment." She laughed.