11. Playdate

It was the next Saturday and daddy FINALLY arranged a play date with Layla! I was dressed in my usual jeans and a yellow tshirt. Sometimes I wish I could buy new clothes. But I had to save the money I already had.

We were almost at Rick's and Layla's place which was a cute little house with a backyard and I learnt that they also had a DOG! Daddy parked the car opposite their house and as soon as I got out of the car, I excitedly ran to the other side.

"June!" Daddy's loud voice erupted from the other side. He ran to my side and crossed his arms. "You do not run on the streets! You could've gotten hit by a car!" He lectured me but I was too excited to go play.

"Okay sorry but can we go in now?" I asked impatiently.

His face got more stern and he held my arm and pulled me towards the car. He made me sit in the passenger seat and my eyes widened. I didn't wanna go back home!!

Tears started streaming down my face. I wanted to go play!

Daddy got me a paper and a pen and kept it on the dashboard. "I will run on the streets and I will listen to daddy." Write this down five times and then we can go play.

"B-but I wanna go play now! She's waiting!!" I said a little bit louder.

"10 times. Keep going and you'll be the one who'll make us late."

I kept crying and I huffed. I started to write the lines and my hand hurt by the seventh one. I haven't written in ages. With a pout on my face, I finish the rest and hand the paper to daddy without looking at him.

"Look at me, bub," he said softly. I looked up slowly. "What have you learnt?"

"I w-will not run on the streets and I will always listen t-to y-you." I say.

"Good girl. Now let's wipe your tears so we can go play!" He said. I wiped my tears with a tissue and got out of the car. I held daddy's hand while crossing the road and reached at their place. Once again.

Daddy rung the doorbell and the door opened revealing Layla in a very very pretty princess dress jumping up and down. "June! June! How are you?!!" She said while pulling me in.

"Hello to you too, Layla." Daddy said from behind but both of us ignored him.

"I have soo many toys to play with! Can we play?" She said looking at Rick.

"Go ahead girls. But no fighting. Be nice to each other. I'll call you for lunch." He said and I nodded. I wish I had a pretty dress like Layla's.

I went into Layla's play room which was SO SO pretty! It was a light shade of blue with a study table on one side. And SO MANY TOYS on the other.

"Can we play dress up? I have a really pretty dress that you can wear! And you can also keep it beecuz too small for me!" She says and claps her hands. She quickly runs to her wardrobe and gets a short purple fluffy dress with a beaded neckline. It looks really expensive. "WEAR IT!"

"I'll wear it but I can't keep it!! It's yours!!" I say and she rolls her eyes.

"We'll see about that! Now go change! I'll close my eyes" she says and I nod. This dress was so pretty. It was like a princess dress. I put it on without looking in the mirror and Layla helped me zip it up. She refused to let me look in the mirror until she was done with the hair.

"June, I wuv your hair! It's so pwetty!" She said while braiding it.

"Thankies! I love yours!" I say shyly and she chuckles.

"ALL DONE!" She screams and my face lights up.

I look in the tall mirror behind the door and my jaw drops. I look.....pretty.....

I twirl a bit, instantly getting smaller than I already was. "THANKIES LAY LAY! I look pwetty!!!" I say and she nods.

"You look like a pwincess! Like like a pwincess from a castle!" Exclaims and I nod.

"You should wear a princess dress too!!" I say and she nods.

"I have a blue one!! Like Cinderella!" She says and takes it out from her wardrobe. It's longer than mine and is ever puffier! She quickly puts it on and asks me to zip it up.

"LAYLA! You looks so so so beautiful! Just like cinderella!" I say in awe. She twirls and blushes.

I feel so pwetty in my dress!

"Wanna go show it to daddy?" She asks and I nodded. We walked down the stairs like princesses, chuckling at ourself. As soon as we reach down, we see both our daddies playing some video game.

"Um.." Layla clears her throat to get their attention and both of them turn around.

Daddy's eyes land on me and his jaw drops. "You both look so so beautiful!" Daddy says and Rick quickly removes his phone.

"Smile, princesses!" He says and we giggle. Layla bows down and I put my hands on my waist while smiling. He awes and clicks the photo. "Come here beautiful princesses!" He says and we walk to them. Daddy pulls me in his lap and hugs me from the back.

"You look so so beautiful, princess." He says and boops my nose. I blush.

"Can I wear this for the day? I promise I'll give it back when we leave!" I ask daddy.

"You should ask Layla, honey." He says and I turn to Layla and ask her the same thing.

"JUNE! I told you! You have to keep it foreva!!" She says and I shake my head.

"I can't do that! Iss not mine!"

"Pwease? As a present?" She pleaded. I've never gotten any presents before. Tears pricked in my eyes and I nodded. "Why u cwy?" She asked softly. Daddy hugs me tighter.

"Baby? What's wrong?" He asks.

"I've never gotten a present..." I looked down, embarrassed. Suddenly I'm trapped in the tightest hug by Layla.

"This is your first present?" She asks me. And I nod. Her hug tightens before getting back to Rick.

"You've been a very good princess today, haven't you? You deserve it baby. How about you both go play some more before lunchtime?" Daddy says and kisses my cheek. I stop crying and nod.

"Let's play!" I say and we run back to her room. She takes out some dollies and we play with them till Rick calls us for lunch.

"We have some sandwiches, fries and chicken nuggets for the two princesses." He says and we sit on the table with them.

After lunch, I start to feel really tired and daddy notices this. "Rick, Layla, I think June here is getting tired now. We'll head back now."

"Daddy, I wan stay!" I say rubbing my eyes.

"We'll come back in a few days, bub. Come on, now what do you say?"

"Thankies Layla, Thankies uncle Rick! Thank you for the dress, I'm veryy very happy!" I say and Layla hugs me once again.

We get into the car after saying goodbye and before I know it, I fall into deep slumber.