9. Owchie

I woke up early in the morning to get to the post. Mary was going to teach me ways to give a shot! I was really excited but when I got there, Mary was nowhere to be seen. I saw Anj there with the others.

"Hey Anj! Where's Mary?" I asked.

"Mary has gone on a trip with the Marines so she wouldn't be back till next Monday. Up until then, you can help me with rounds!" I nod excitedly. "You can even get off in 2 hours."

The rest of the time, I walked to the field with Anj and sat there to help a few recruits. It was getting pretty boring so she decided to let me go early.

As I was walking back to the cabin, I saw a bunch of broken glass on the ground a few metres away from the field. I wonder what happened. Just as I was lost in my thoughts, I suddenly tripped over a rock and landed on the sharp glass on my knees.

A sharp pain erupted through my body and I cried in pain. My knee was hurting so bad and I couldn't stop myself from screaming out.

I tried to get up, only to put more pressure on my knee. Suddenly someone appeared near me and called out for help.

I kept moaning in pain just when someone grabbed me from under my arms and helped me stand. The pain was unbearable. "Shh, I'm here now! It's gonna be okay. I'm just gonna take you to the clinic, yeah?" Daddy's familiar voice distracted me from the pain for a second.

"Hurts!" Was all I could say. He carried me in his arms, making sure my knee wasn't touching anything. He rushed to the nearby clinic and put me on one of the beds. "H-hurts" I cried again.

"I know, bub, I know. It'll be okay soon yeah? You can hold my hand. Can you be a strong girl for daddy?" He asked and I squeezed my eyes shut.

The doctor came in and my grip on daddy's hand tightened. "Hi, June. I'm just going to take a quick look okay?" He said and stretched my leg out making the pain intensify. I screamed out.

"Okay, Theres nothing to worry about. There's a few tiny glass pieces in her knee, but other than that, the bones and ligaments seem to be fine. I'll just quickly numb that area and take the shards out and dress it up." The doctor said to daddy. He nodded and said something which I couldn't get because it hurt too much.

"Please! It hurts! Make it stop!" I begged.

"Bub, just a few more minutes! Keep holding my hand, okay? You're doing so well!" He babied me.

Suddenly, I felt myself pass out from crying so much.

————

When I woke up, I was in my bed with my knee all wrapped up. It was stinging quite a lot and I hissed as I tried to move my leg.

I looked down at myself and realised that I was just wearing my large tshirt without any pants. My cheeks started to redden and I looked around. There was no one in the cabin. A pout made its way to my cheeks and I felt myself getting smaller.

I want daddy.

I bit my lip and tried to stop my knee from stinging but nothing seemed to be working. Hmph.

"June, what are you doing?" I heard daddy's voice as I was playing with the gauze.

"Nuffin. It stings!" I whine and he comes and sits next to me, slowly massaging my leg.

"I know sweet pea, but we have to make sure that it gets better quickly, right?" He said and kissed my forehead.

I nodded and pouted.

"No more playing with the dressing, okay? How about we watch a movie?" He suggested making me smile.

"Yes please! I wan watch...........I wan watch....you pick!" I couldn't decide what I wanted to watch and got frustrated.

"How about, Wreck it Ralph?" I squealed and agreed. I looooved that movie!

Daddy got his laptop and sat next to me with the laptop on his lap.

We watched the whole movie and I was feeling kinda hungry. "I hungry!" I announced loudly and looked at daddy.

"Okay bub! I'll get us some food and we can stay in and eat, yeah? Can my best girl be the bravest till I go and quickly get us something?" He asked holding my chin so I paid attention.

"Mhmm! I'll be Okie! I want FRIES!" I yelled out the last part and daddy just shook his head. He chuckled and kissed my forehead.

"Okay, bub. I'll be right back. Remember, no playing with the dressing." I nodded and he left to get us food.

Daddy got me some yummy yummy fries with some spaghetti and we started to dig in. I was so happy.

"Finish all your food, baby. It'll make you stronger!" He said as he saw me taking the veggies out. I made a face but started to eat it.

"I no like veggies! Ew!" I say and he gives me a stern look.

"I want it all finished." He demanded and I just lowered myself.

"Fine!" I huffed.

Today was a long day.