•Chapter twenty 6•

****************************************************************************************

Envy they say is a shrub, often we ignore how deep it's roots are and plant the seeds in our hearts

Envy they say is a shrub, often we ignore how deep it's roots are and plant the seeds in our hearts. Only for it to take control over our lives, and teach us how to bear fruits of evil.

Three years ago when Henry introduced Kofi to Bianca he never pictured a day like this.
A day when he would dread entering his own house, because Kofi's car was still parked inside.

Three years ago, he confided in his new best friend about a woman he was madly in love with. One he felt was exceptional, but way out of his league. Months later, his best friend was going out right with this woman.

Sometimes we feel it's a must for the people we love to understand our silent thoughts without hearing our words. Clearly, it doesn't work that way.

He drove into his house with a scowl on his face thinking that would scare Kofi away, but he was right, wasn't he? Nothing would stop Kofi from finding out the truth. He parked his car, and took a few minutes to gather his thoughts before stepping out. Kofi sat comfortably on top of his car fiddling with his keys. He pretended not to have seen Henry coming in, but his presence was such a bother that Henry couldn't ignore him despite the attempt to.

"What are you still doing here?" Henry asked, Kofi stopped playing with his keys and smiled at him. He wanted to lighten up the mood. Henry was his friend after all, and the tension that was growing between them wasn't right.

"We need to talk... Henry you have been like a brother to me for years now and...."

"Enough!" Henry shouted shutting kofi up, "I offered you my help when you had no one, and now you want to point accusing fingers at me?"

His tone scared kofi quite a bit, yet he remained calm. His only wish was for Henry to open up to him, it was no longer a secret that Henry was hiding something from him. Kofi got down maintaining the smile on his face.

"I saw her dress in your guest room, I just need to know one thing. Was Serwaa here, Is she with you? I know how much you love her therefore I am sure you won't do anything to hurt her. For my own peace of mind, please tell me where she is."

"I don't know." He answered rushing inside, Kofi followed. "Henry if you won't tell me then I have no other option than to allow the police question you themselves."

"The police?" Henry asked matching back towards him, "you reported me to the police?" He questioned again. He became restless, walked around Kofi like a mad man waiting for a reply, but Kofi just stared, "you seem nervous." He commented, "Nervous?" Henry laughed.

They both remained silent for a while as Henry's gaze stayed fixed on the flower vase seated on his sofa table. The more Kofi mentioned the police, dangerous thoughts lingered through his mind. No Henry don't do it. His subconscious self warned. He pulled a stick of gum from the pack he had in his pocket and chewed on it agitatedly.