•Chapter 29•

******"I am sorry but I don't think he is going to survive this

******
"I am sorry but I don't think he is going to survive this. What I mean is that, this man has been like this for days, his brain has been damaged due to the hemorrhage. We can only pray." The doctor's words after examining Kofi.

Now the question is; how did we end up here, how did I end up in a hospital room shedding more tears, begging God to heal the only man I love?

"So what's it going to be Serwaa?" Layla questioned me, my hands in hers as my body wobbled. I had so many doubts in mind, but how was I going to live the rest of my life knowing that I could have saved someone, yet I left them to die? I had been called self centered all my life and just the one time I had to do what I knew how to do best; to think about no one else but myself, I was torn betwixt my morals. 

"I don't think you two have enough time to decide on that though." James' voice echoed hitting the walls from afar. "Who are you?" He asked terrifyingly bearing closer with a gun in his hand. Layla's eyes suddenly turned red piercing through mine with hints of regrets.

"Go without me, hurry Layla run." I pleaded shoving her. "Are you crazy? I am not leaving you here, I warned you Serwaa. You wanted to save Bianca, BIANCA!" She screamed, I felt bad, instantly tears stumbled down my face as I bit hard on my lips almost drawing blood.

Layla dragged me behind in our attempt to run until we heard a tumultuous raving of gunshots in the air. I panicked so much I tripped falling flat to the ground and hurting my ankle really bad.

"Go without me Layla" I murmured.

"Alright then." She agreed, wait she agreed?? That's what I wanted but why did her words give me mixed feelings. I was glad yet extremely disappointed. Strangely, as her hand drifted from mine, I had these weird flashbacks like never before. It was as if I was reliving my past. What if that was the end?

"I tried....to help you Serwaa... I tried." She stuttered taking to her heels. I was left on the ground and James didn't even give me a minute to pick myself up before catching up with me. He tried shooting at Layla but thank goodness she was really fast.