Chapter Four: The Transfiguration Tutor

"Thatcher, I need to talk to you."

Gwen looked quickly over and saw that it was Draco. He held his head down as to not look like he was associating with her.

"Want to make fun of me some more?" Gwen turned her head away from him. He was about the last person she wanted to talk to.

"Get over yourself. Just come with me." Draco angled his head to watch Gwen's face.

"I'm not going anywhere with you. If you really need to tell me something just say it now." Gwen asserted. Gwen looked straight forward and stared at the dance floor.

"I can't tell you here." Draco's tone sounded sincere.

Gwen met his eyes. As much as it pained her, she actually felt like she could trust him.

"Please." He said in a forced, hushed tone.

"Fine." Gwen although trusting was not going to let her guard down. She had no idea what Malfoy would ever want with her. She really just hope that it wasn't going to end with a sick twisted joke at her expense.

"Meet me in the classroom across the hall in ten minutes," He turned his whole body to face her "And don't let anyone see you. I don't want anyone to think I'd associate with the likes of you." Draco snaked his way back into the crowd of Slytherins as if he had never left.

Gwen was nervous. She was pretty good at keeping cool on the outside, but she felt her heart pounding inside her chest. She tried to calm her breathing.

What could he want? What if Crabbe and Goyle are waiting out there to hex me? But why would he do that? Is he still mad about me running into him at the beginning of the week?

She saw Draco leave the room, alone. That made Gwen feel a little better since Crabbe and Goyle were still inside the party. The next five minutes were agonizing as she went through every possible scenario in her head. She checked her watch. Ten minutes had passed.

Gwen wove her way through the crowd. Opened the door and felt the silence of the open corridor rush over her.

Please don't be a stupid joke. Gwen took on last inhale before opening the door across from the party.

She pulled the door and closed it behind her. Draco was on the other side of the room looking out the window. He twisted his head over his right shoulder after he heard the door click.

Gwen did not move any closer to him, and Draco stood still. They both stood in complete silence waiting to see who would succumb first.

"What do you want, Malfoy?" Gwens voice cracked.

"Nervous?" He smirked. He sauntered towards her.

"No." Gwen pursed her lips, stuck up her nose, and walked forward.

"Okay."

"Can you just tell me what you needed to talk to me about?"

Draco moved closer to her until there was only about to foot of space between them. Gwen lifted her chin to keep eye contact. Gwen stood at 5'4" and Draco had to be at least 6 feet tall.

"You can't tell anyone we met, got it." Draco was serious.

"Got it."

"You're top of the class in Transfigurations."

"Well, besides Hermione." Gwen interjected. Draco rolled his eyes. It was obvious that Gwen would have been better off if she just let him talk without her interrupting.

"I'll repeat myself." He took a step forward. "You're top of the class in Transfigurations."

Gwen nodded.