Chapter Thirteen: A Waltz in A Minor

"Draco!" The shrill voice shouted.

Draco broke away from their kiss instantly. His eyes shot towards the voice that had called out to them. Gwen quickly followed his lead. In the shadows were three individuals. Two towering men, and a girl perfectly framed by them.

Draco realized faster than Gwen that these silhouettes belonged to Pansy, Crabbe, and Goyle.

As Gwen's brain began to register what was happening she felt Draco's hands break away from her back and move to her stomach. He shoved her violently away from him. Gwen stumbled back, and landed in the cold wet snow.

"Get off of me you disgusting foul oaf!" Draco yelled as he launched her on to the ground.

The frigid water began to seep into her dress. Gwen looked up at Draco. The boy she had just been with was gone, and was replaced with the Slytherin Prince.

"What the fuck is going on?" said Pansy as she walked out into the shadows, Crabbe and Goyle following her lead.

Draco's eyes no longer held their lustful, yet kind look. They had transformed into vicious slits.

"Just another girl who is obsessed with me. It's sad really." Draco sniggered.

"Why did it look like you were kissing?" Pansy asked. She had moved right next to Malfoy. Crabbe and Goyle were now on either side of Gwen glaring down at her.

Gwen felt nauseous. She had eight malicious eyes staring at her. Each pair looked angrier than the next.

"Care to explain because I know you would never touch a fat bitch like her." Pansy eyed Gwen.

"Like I said, she's obsessed with me. Delusional really. Convinced herself we were dating." Draco held a smirk on his face as he exchanged looks with Crabbe and Goyle.

At his words Gwen felt her heart break.

"Why would she think something like that?" Pansy looked at Draco.

Gwen's eyes pleaded up at Draco. She felt her throat become dry. Her face was hot, even though against the slush covered ground she was freezing.

"Look at her. She's pathetic. No one would want her, and she fooled herself into thinking I would." Draco met her eyes. Behind his eyes was no sympathy. It was like making eye contact with a stranger. Draco, who she thought she loved, was not there.

Gwen's eyes welled with tears. She tried to swallow hard and pull them back, but to no avail. She felt the warm streams fall from her eyes to be met by cold wind.

"What a sad little sight." Pansy pouted mockingly. Crabbe and Goyle let out a hearty laugh above Gwen.

"You must be quite the slut to throw yourself on someone you don't even know." Draco leaned forward. Pansy stifled a laugh.

"Bold to assume anyone would even look twice at her." Pansy's face twisted into a greasy smile. "Didn't anyone ever tell you not to put lipstick on a pig?"

Crabbe and Goyle started snorting above her.

Gwen was choking back her sobs. She had forgotten how mean Draco and his friends could be.

"D-Draco, p-please." Gwen hung her head. She bit her lip to prevent any more noise to escape from her.

"It's Malfoy to you." Goyle inserted.

"Yeah." Crabbe said, each of them stepping closer to Gwen.

"Tell them the truth." Gwen begged between sniffles.