🍃The Voice in the Night🍃

Beginning of the new week

Korro slept in his bed under the full moonlight's glow of his bedroom until hurried steps woke him up to see Chi-blockers break into his room as he began fighting them off with his fire bending only to be subdued onto his knees and Amon stepped in front of him.

Amon: "After I take your bending away, you will be nothing." He said menacingly.

Korro: He awoke with a scream gasping for air and panted heavily in a cold sweat. Naga licked his hand to smooth his nerves. "It's... It's all right, Naga. I just had a bad dream." He said before petting his polar bear dog.

That morning at City Hall

Tarrlok: "There's a madman running around our beloved city, threatening to tear it apart. We need to create a task force whose sole mission is to find Amon and bring him to justice." He said to the council of the united nations.

Tenzin: "Absolutely not. A move that aggressive would only further divide benders and non-benders." He said seriously

Fire Nation Councilwoman: "Tarrlok, I'm inclined to agree to your proposal. But who would even head up such a task force?" She asked Tarrlok.

Tarrlok: "It would be my honor and privilege to accept such a duty." He said before standing up from his seat and bowed respectfully.

Tenzin: "This is just another one of your ploys to gain more power, isn't it?" He questioned Tarrlok.

Tarrlok: "All I'm trying to do is help. Think back. Forty two years ago, Republic City was threatened by another dangerous man-- Yakone. Your father wasn't afraid to deal with him head on." He said mainly towards Tenzin.

Tenzin: "This is a completely different situation. And how dare you compare yourself to Avatar Aang!" He yelled out at Tarrlok.

Tarrlok: "Amon is not going to stop with the bending triads. Eventually he will come for all us Benders-- our friends, our families. Vote for this task force and I will stop Amon before it's too late. All in favor?" He asked as the council put it to a vote which in the end he had won four against one.

Later That Night at Air Temple Island

Korro was practicing his air bending stances listening to jazz music on his radio until static filled the calm night air then Amon's voice.

Amon: "Good evening, My fellow Equalists. This is your leader, Amon. As you have heard, the Republic City council has voted to make me public enemy Number one, proving once again that the bending oppressors of this city will stop at nothing to quash our revolution. But we can not be stopped. Our numbers grow stronger by the day. You will no longer have to live in fear. The time has come for benders to experience fear." He said as Korro began a cold sweat before turning off his radio.

Next Morning at Republic City's Power Plant

Y/n walked out of the plant after finishing up her shift as she yawned tiredly before hearing the rail line car train bell chim out into the air. Y/n pulled on her jacket before running out onto the street to catch the train until she heard tires screeching out making her look up then yell out only to be ran into by a person on their moped.

Y/n: "Ah!" She yelled out as the engine stalled and the driver got off their moped and ran to check on her.

???: "Oh, no! I'm so sorry, miss. I didn't see you." They said beginning to remove their helmet as Y/n slowly sat up rubbing the back of her neck.