Chapter 5 Y/n's Memory Dream(set the Summer before UA)

Dream Y/n Pov: "Hey, Ashi. Look, it's the airport! We're home." I said to Mina as we began to make our descent into the (U.S. city name) airport.

"I can't wait to see Nana and Pops," Mina exclaimed with much excitement.

"It will be fun to meet them, I mean you guys have said so many good things. This will be fun," Jiro said from behind us. It was awesome that her parents were okay with her leaving the country.

"You will love them. Just know ahead of time that they will ask a lot of questions, so just be prepared to answer them," Mina cautioned.

I added, "And remember, we are in America, so the food here will be the same cuisine that I cook - not to say there's no Asian food - however, it's a mixture of cuisine."

We landed and were heading out of the gate when something unexpected occurred.

"MINA, Y/N!!!" my grandma shouted.

"NANA!" Mina yelled, running over to hug her.

"Hey Nana," I said.

"Hey you two," she directed her attention to Jiro, "and you must be Jiro," she said with a smile.

"Yes, I am. You must be Mrs. Ashido," Jiro said with a bow.

"Oh please, call me Nana. Any friend of my grandkids is a friend of mine." Nana continued, "Okay, now let's grab your bags and go home."

We head over to the baggage claim. When we got there, I grabbed my suitcase and guitar case and ended up carrying Mina's backpack on top of all that.

We got in the car and Nana proceeded to ask something that took all of us by surprise.

"So, Jiro. You are a very pretty girl ... have you ever considered going out with Y/n?"

I immediately snapped out of any trance that was oncoming. "NANA, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" I yelled, embarrassed. I looked in the rearview mirror to see a blushing Jiro staring straight ahead in shock until she noticed I was looking at her. The moment she realized her head turned to look out the window, still red as a tomato.

We got to the house and went inside.

"POPS WE'RE HERE," I yelled.

"I'LL BE THERE IN A SECOND," Pops shouted back from the other room.

"Mina, Jiro you two will share a room if that's not too bad. Y/n, you will be sleeping on the couch if that's alright with you," Nana said.

"Hey, I'm just pleased to be back in the U.S., I'm fine sleeping wherever," I responded.

"Hey, there you two are," Pops said from behind us. Both Mina and I went to hug him.

"So, how have you two been doing in Japan?" Pops asked.

"Oh, we're doing fine, how about you guys?" I asked.

"We are doing fine, and even better now that you kiddos are here."

For the rest of the day, we hung out and conversed, catching up with each other. We had dinner later, and so came a near-perfect start to our two weeks in the U.S.