Chapter 12The start of the festival (obstacle course)

The following day was dedicated to training for the sports festival, with everyone pushing themselves to the absolute limit.

"Y/n, can you help me out here?" Mina asks, trying to reach kettlebells that were right out of her reach.

"Yeah, I got you," I reply, walking over and grabbing the kettlebells and handing them to Mina.

"Thank you," she says, walking off to train.

I head back to what I was doing, going through workout routines until the end of the day.

The next few days were more or less the same, but the day before the festival was one of the hardest and yet most exciting days. That day, everyone was pushing themselves to the max, making their bodies go to the limit and then some.

The day eventually came...the UA sports festival was here.

"Well, it's not my hero suit, but at least it was custom made for my quirk," I mutter to myself while taking a seat across from Momo. We are in a waiting room, before Iida bursts through the door.

"EVERYONE GET YOUR GAME FACES, WE'RE ENTERING THE ARENA SOON!" Iida shouts as he bursts on the scene. At this, everyone is sent into a panic, but not before the boy with red and white hair calls out Midoriya.

"Midoriya," he says calmly.

"Oh! Hey, Todoroki," Deku says, revealing his name to be Todoroki, making it the first time I have heard his name.

Todoroki...where do I know that name from?

"From an objective standpoint, I'm clearly stronger than you," Todoroki says, "However, you've got All Might in your corner helping you out, I'm not here to pry about what is going on between you two, but know that I will beat you."

"And I will beat you," I say to myself, but just loud enough to catch Todoroki's attention.

"No matter what you say, I will beat you as well," he says, coming over to my seat and staring me down, to which I stand up and face him.

"Yeah, good luck with that one," I say, starting to get riled up from the tension in the room. Todoroki scoffs and walks to the other side of the room.

"What's with all these declarations of war lately?" Kaminari asks.

"I, personally, have no clue. It might just be the spirit people have for the festival," I reply, sitting back down. Deku calls Todoroki back out and says something about how even though we won't work together we need to work together enough to keep the other courses at bay.

After a little bit longer we are pointed to a long hallway and told to start walking down it. I stand near Momo and Jiro, with Mina more towards the front of the crowd, excited for what's about to go down. Outside and all around us I can hear Present Mic yelling through the PA system and hundreds, if not thousands, of people all screaming just as loud.

As we get to the end of the hallway we can hear Present Mic's introduction for us.

"YOU KNOW THEM FROM WITHSTANDING A VILLAIN ATTACK, THE DAZZLING STUDENTS LIGHTING UP YOUR TVS WITH SONIC GOLD SKILLS!" Present Mic announces as we take our first steps on the field. "THE HERO COURSE STUDENTS OF CLASS ONE A!!" We all make our ways to the center of the field as Present Mic introduces the rest of the classes who are participating in the sports festival.

We all make it to the center of the field and stand around as who I can only assume to be the umpire for the games makes their way up to the stage, Midnight.