Chapter 10The Day After

Mina, Jiro and I make it to school earlier than everyone else, so we just wait in class until the rest of our peers start to show up, Momo being the first to arrive after us.

"Hey you three," she says, smiling and taking her seat by me.

"Thank you again for a good time yesterday," she whispers to me.

"No problem, I had a lot of fun," I whisper back.

Soon other people start filing into class saying their hellos and taking their seats. After talking for a little bit, Iida bursts into the classroom, commanding us all to take our seats.

"Uh, we're all sitting...you're the only one standing," Kirishima responds.

Iida, with a look of defeat, takes his seat. Then, Mr. Aizawa of all people walks in to teach, all bandaged up from his fight two days before.

After he's done limping up to the podium in the front of the class, he says that his well being is irrelevant, and proceeds to tell us about the UA Sports Festival, something I've been wanting to participate in from the moment I first saw it.

"Wait a second," Kaminari starts.

"Is it really a good idea to hold the Sports Festival so soon after the villains snuck inside," Jiro asks.

"They could attack once we are all in the same place," a boy with a tail adds.

"Apparently, the administration thinks this is a good way to show that the threat has been handled and that the school is safer than ever," Aizawa starts, "Plus, they're beefing up security compared to past years. This event is a huge opportunity for all students at UA, it's not something we can cancel because of a few villains. Our Sports Festival is one of the most-watched events in the entire world, in the past everyone obsessed over the Olympic Games, but then Quirks started appearing," Mr. Aizawa continues talking about the Olympics and the Sports Festival.

"And heroes everywhere will be watching, this is where you get scouted," Momo says

Kaminari started going into detail about how most people become sidekicks.

"Yeah, but that is as far as some people go. Yeah, a lot don't, that's why there are so many agencies, but some people go their whole lives and their entire career is as a sidekick," I say.

"It's true that joining a famous hero agency can garner you greater experience in popularity, that's why the festival matters. If you want to go pro one day then this event can open a path for you. One chance a year, three chances a lifetime. Don't screw this up and slack off like your training.

"Yes sir," we all said in unison.

"Good, class dismissed," Mr. Aizawa says.

After Mr. Aizawa left, we were all just hanging out in the classroom talking...or at least, everyone else was. Seeing as how it was lunch, I was also getting ready to head out but was waiting up for the people I usually eat with - Mina, Jiro, and Momo.

"Iida, Deku, let's do our best in the sports festival," Uraraka says competitively and with a face to match.

"Whoa there Uraraka, calm down," I say.

"Yeah, you're usually one of the most laid back girls ever," Mina adds.

"I'M GOING TO DO MY BEST!" Uraraka yells, to which she got everyone excited.

Once that is over, we all head to the cafeteria. After grabbing my lunch, I take a seat next to Momo, who begins fumbling with her hair at my arrival. We both catch each other's eyes, blushing. Our gaze is broken when Mina slams her face into the table, groaning, "We just got attacked by villains and now we have to participate in a festival?! This is so unfair, we've barely had any time to recover!"