7

Those were the magic days...
When it was summer, I woke up late, but not that late, sun in my eyes, lazy breakfast and off to the Gallagher's house.

Running around in the streets with Liam, laying on the ground, until dark, just trying to talk between laughter, I can't help but smile thinking about it. I guess I smile at the simpleness really... I feel happy thinking about Liam and how grateful I am to have him in my life, I don't deserve that friendship.

I know I love him, but I'm almost sure not in a romantic way.

It's not that I don't feel attracted to him, I mean, he's gorgeous. But we just don't click, you know? I feel anxious when thinking about that kiss... and I just can't find that smile again, because there's no more simpleness.

And Noel... I kinda forgot about him for a second. I still have the biggest crush on him, but... right now it can't happen, not with the current situation.

Of course, I landed on that conclusion long after the events of that night. So, getting back to that...

~

"...Liam"

We just stared at each other, I didn't know what else to say, he was expressionless, with those pretty eyes wide open.

"I just don't know" I frankly said.

And just like that, I ran away.

***

I was anxiously confused the next few weeks, not so much about how a felt, I mean, I did spend days thinking about it trying to be as honest as I could with myself, and with everyone, especially Matt and Maggie, they helped a lot with me wrapping my head about the occurrences of that Friday.

It was raining, and I was walking to school, it had been two weeks since the party and I hadn't talked to either of them. Every time I'd see Liam in the halls he'd turn around and just get me out of his sight. It's not much use to know how I feel if I don't know what to do with it.

That day, when I got home my mum was sat drinking some tea on the couch, I sat down next to her and sighed loudly.

"What happened to you?" She said putting the cup aside.

"Nowt"

"Well, have you heard from Liam? Peggy told me he's upset, did something happened?"

"Dunno, haven't spoken to him"

"Oh well, she said he's going out tonight for the first time since that party you lot went to"

I just looked at the floor.

Then my mum stood up and walked to the sink saying "He's staying the night out, she also told me"

Maybe Noel wasn't.

"Mam, you know if... Noel's going out with him or something?"

"Think he's staying in, he's been working all week. Or so I've heard"

"Oh"

I stood up and went upstairs. I needed to think alone in my room.

***

After a real good hour, I decided to go and talk to Noel first. I wasn't quite sure what to say, but the thought of him still popped in my head when I remembered the party, as much as I wanted him to be gone off my mind to focus on the much more pressing matter of it all.

I tried to fix my hair, shower and overall look a bit nicer, I did go in the rain twice and laid on the floor probably more than I should've had.

Like 15 minutes after I made up my mind I went downstairs and headed next door. I stopped to notify my mum and look at the time, it was 17:48, I still had some afternoon left, and it was Friday night, after all.