15

During this week of basically waiting I kept reading and listening to music, I actually went to the record store a few times to get some new stuff.

One day I took out this record someone recommended me at a party, I don't know why I bought it, it was some random bloke that told me, but I felt like I would like it, 'Freaks' by Pulp (1987)

Throughout the week I played it at least 3 times, I loved it, especially one track, 'I Want You'. The lyrics are amazing. I even started to identify a bit with them. Maybe I'm thinking too much, but that song is really something.

I was there, enjoying the album staring at the ceiling, as it had become usual for me when I felt something strange and my stomach hurt.

I went to the toilet and I got my period. I've never been glad about that news before.

I immediately called Maggie and told her, we went out for drinks in the afternoon, to celebrate. Also, we hadn't been to a pub in a while.

All afternoon I kept thinking about my life and future, for some time now there wasn't any, until Noel, but that went down the drain pretty fast. Then Liam, but I clearly fucked that up. It's probably silly, but if I had been pregnant, there would've been something for me... But that didn't happen, so there's nothing for me, nothing's keeping me here.

I counted my savings and, for a while now it was enough for me to... find a life and, actually keep it.

So I did what I always thought was crazy to do, and what I'd never do because I thought I couldn't handle it, but now that my life was this boring I needed something drastic.

I packed my bags, called my mum and Maggie, and well, they didn't take it excellent but it didn't go badly either.

Then I went to take a last look at my room, not empty since I just took most of my clothes and some other belongings. I went down on my knees and picked up 'Freaks' by Pulp, I turned it around and circled the second song with a pencil. Then I wrote a little note and taped it to the cover.

I picked it up, along with my bags, went next door, and left it on the door. I knocked, ran and turned in the first street to hide.

Then I got on the bus to get to the train station.

- the note: -

For Liam:

I'm sorry

Elodie x

Ps: It doesn't come with lyrics, so I wrote the important ones.

(2) "I Want You"

  I couldn't even say
  What I meant to say:

That I want you
  It doesn't hurt to say I want you,
  I need you
  I never thought I'd say I need you,
  I'll keep you,
  Oh yes I'll keep you and I'll throw myself    
  away, away, away,
  And I'll break you
  Because I lose myself inside you,
  I'll make you
  Fit in the space that I provide you, I'll take 
  you,
  Oh yes, I'll take you just to push you far
  away, away, away.

***

The end

***

No, I'm kidding.
... unless?