10

Sunday...

I woke up around 11 am and the first thing on my mind was Noel, and what happened last night. I couldn't help but smile.

I jumped out of bed and went to the kitchen to make some tea, while I waited for the water to boil I went to have a quick shower, then got dressed as usual and went down to find the water just ready to pour in the cup.

I went outside to drink my tea on the bench in my front yard when I saw a van parked next door.

I stood up and got a little bit closer, without intruding but trying to see better. I saw Peggy, Noel and Paul walking out of the house, then Peggy hugging Noel, who was caring a bag.

That's when my heart dropped.

I walked casually to the group and said good morning.

Peggy said wiping away a tear "Hello dear"

I said distracted "Oh, hi Peggy, what's going on?"

"Noel's going away" said Liam coming out of the house. "Hi, El" he said with a short but sweet smile.

"Noel?" I said to him as he came back from the van, where he had just left his bag in

"They moved the date"

I felt a knot in my throat, so I said the shortest response. "Oh" I couldn't even think of something else, they just, moved the date? It's Sunday!

"Come here" he said to me, walking towards the vehicle.

We stood behind it and he leaned against the door.

"Last night you said Tuesday"

"Yeah, well, they called earlier this morning and said they had to start today, didn't say why"

I sighed.

"Ellie" He said putting a hand on my cheek.

And I leaned in and kissed him goodbye, passionately, pulling him into me, like if by doing so it would last forever.

"El" he said pulling away. "I've got to go"

"Just-" and I kissed him again.

He kissed me back, deeper this time.

I pulled away and hugged him tightly.

He chuckled lightly and said "I'm coming back, y'know?"

I chuckled "Yeah, I know"

"Sooner than y'think" he said looking at me with those pretty blue eyes.

I kissed him one last time and we went back with the rest.

"Hi Liam" and I smiled at him. He smiled back.

Then Noel got on the van, waved at us and winked at me.

We all waved back and it was done, he was gone.

I knew about this but I'd planned to ignore that fact at least for one day, enjoy it while it lasted...

"So... like, two years?"

"What?" I turned to Liam.

"The last time we spoke"

"Oh, right. Three years actually"

"Oh" he said putting his hands in his pockets "How's life?"

"Alright, been working at the cafe"

He nodded, then looked at the floor and said "I'm sorry, y'know"

"For what?"

"For walking away"