12

It's been two weeks and three days without Noel and I found my self dreaming often about him coming back early, kissing him again and finally being the couple we almost were at some point. The way he makes me feel makes me scared, but it was nice to feel alive. It was really frustrating to finally have him but just for one night. A good thing about this situation is Liam, I feel like I got my best mate back, I feel safe. And my life doesn't look so boring now that Liam is part of it.

Things are good.

But I realized that...
Maybe I'm in love with Noel.

I hate that thought, it only makes everything worse, but I can't shake it off.

Wednesday

I went to work, like always, not many people came in. Then I went home, I changed and went to a pub with Liam.

I wore a black dress, with little white flowers and my everyday shoes.

We went in at sat in a corner with one little table.

"I'm gonna get the drinks, what d'you want?"

"Just a pint"

"Alright" and he stood up and headed to the bar. A few minutes later he came back with two beers.

"Here you go" he said leaving them on the table and sitting down by my side, facing me.

We had fun, he told the same stories and I laughed like I always do. We also made fun of some lad that fell while carrying a lot of drinks and broke every glass. It was hilarious.

After we'd been there for about two hours we were quite drunk.

"I'm gonna get another one" Liam declared standing up, or trying to.

I thought it was enough already but I didn't say anything, everything was going well and I didn't want to spoil the fun.

As he walked away I thought about Noel. They were really alike now that I think of it. I mean they are different, sometimes complete opposites... But they're still brothers, I guess there must be something there.

Liam came back and let himself down roughly after placing his larger on the table. He stayed looking at the rest of the people there, while I drank the last bit of my glass.

He briefly put his hand on my thigh, still looking straight in front of him.

"El?"

"Yeah?"

"We're going home after this drink?"

"Yeah, it's Wednesday"

When his glass was empty I stood up and held my hand out to him. He took it, I pulled him up and we walked home, both peacefully drunk.

***

I was just standing there, watching people dance, sat in a corner.

When suddenly I saw a familiar face.

I stood up and the lights turned brighter as I got closer to that man.

When I was just, close enough to see into his eyes, the lights went off and I felt someone behind me.

I could feel their breath.

Then I turned around slowly.

The room started to spin and the lights flickered all around, but it all went dark just before I could see the face.