chapter 9

(Time jump: a little over 1 year of marriage)

Spencer's pov:
It was a quiet day at work, i only had paperwork to do and no case so far which i was thankful for, i couldn't wait to finish the day and go home to see my wife, i pick up my phone to text her when i see that she had actually texted me and i never saw it and when i read it i immediately get nervous "can you come home early we need to talk" it had only been sent a few minutes ago. I immediately get up and go to Hotch's office and knock on the already opened door "what's going on Reid?" I walk in and close the door "i need to go home early, lkke right now early" "why, what happened, is Liz ok?" He gets up and looks at me concerned "i-i don't know, she sent me a text saying that we needed to talk and that i should come home early and-" "ok, ok, go home and give me an update tomorrow and text me so that i know you guys are ok" "ok, thank you sir"

Morgan's pov:
It was a quiet day of nothing but paperwork and when i look over to the kid he's looking down at his phone nervously before running to Hotch's office, he comes back out not 5 minutes later and packs his stuff up and rushes to leave before i stand up and stop him "Reid what's wrong, where are you going" "It's nothing Morgan i have to go" "come on kid talk to me, is it your mom is she ok?" "She's fine but really Morgan i have to go my neighbor said her dog ran into my apartment and i have to go get her out" "how did-" i couldn't even finish my sentence before he was out the door and in the elevator.

Elizabeth's pov:
I'm pacing around my room thinking of how Spencer is going to react when suddenly i hear the door open and Spencer coming into the apartment "Liz, Liz where are you" the second i come out of the room and he sees me he runs up to me and hugs me "are you ok? Are you hurt? Did something happen? Did someone try to break in?" Hes looking at me frantically trying to figure out if I'm hurt "Spence I'm not hurt" he looks at me with relieved eyes and kisses me "thank god" i pull away and walk towards the kitchen counter "but we do need to talk" his relief quickly fades and i can see the worry in his face "are you leaving me?" I see a few tears fall from his eyes "What no, no, no, no, i would never leave you Spence why would you say that" i go over and hug him and he hugs me back tightly like if he let go i would disappear "i don't know just you told me we had to talk and you're really nervous and you backed away from me and i thought-" i cover his mouth with my hand "Spencer I'm pregnant" i lower my hand and he just stares at me for a second before cupping my face with his hands and kissing me, he picks me up and spins me around in his arms "i guess this means you're happy" i say smiling against his lips "happy? I can't wait to have a baby with you" he picks me up and spins me around again while kissing me.

Spencer's pov:
I walk into the office the next day trying to hide my smile and i go straight into Hotch's office because i know he'll have questions I'm too excited to knock so i just walk in and close the door "Reid thank god is Liz ok? Are you?" "We're both great and we actually bought you something for scaring you" i pull a box out of my bag and hand it to him "Reid why did you buy me something i-" "no disrespect sir but just shut up and open it" he rolls his eyes and opens it "a tie?" "Turn it over theres something written on it" he turns it over and reads it "best godfather ever" he looks up at me with a questioning look and i nod, he gets up and rushes to hug me "congratulations Spencer I'm so happy for you" "so is that a yes on being the godfather?" "Yes of course it is i'd love to" just then Garcia walks in and immediately stops "why are you guys hugging without me, wait why are you guys hugging, oh my god Reid are you crying" i realize i have a few tears on my face and wipe them away "boy wonder if you're leaving i swear to god i will-" "Garcia I'm not leaving i was just telling Hotch that the doctors said my mom is doing good right now and i got emotional so he hugged me" "that's great but are you sure thats it" "thats it" "you promise you're not leaving?" "I promise I'm not leaving penelope" she comes up to me and gives me a tight hug "good, then I'm really happy for you" "thanks Garcia" she goes to leave when Hotch stops her "wait Garcia you came in here for a reason" "right sorry sir, i came to tell you that we have a case" "alright gsther everyone at the round table so that i can call Jessica and Jack" "yes sir" we both go to leave when he grabs my arm "do you want to stay here for this one and celebrate with Liz" "no it's ok we'll celebrate when we get back i dont want the team to be suspicious or anything" "ok whatever you want and seriously congratulations again"

Authors note:
I see that there are actually people reading my story so hi 👋 just letting yall know that my posting has no schedule i will sometimes post a couple a day or none at all it just depends on how im feeling and school so yeah. Thank you for reading btw i hope you enjoy it 😂💖