Father

As Jack and I were casually flying in the sky, feeling the cold and refreshing wind against our bodies, I saw another golden line begin to form. I made it so that Jack could see it as well; he sent the wind to its source so we could get there faster.

I was surprised when I recognised the town the line led to, and even more shocked when the line lowered to my street. "Are you okay?" Jack asked, noticing my perplexity.

"No," I said quietly, when the line went through the door of my house. We flew down and I grabbed the key from my pocket, shakily turning the key in the lock.

~

"Mum?" I called. The line went through to the kitchen. Jack closed the door behind him and I locked it. I didn't care who saw a door magically open and close: my mother needed help.

Walking cautiously and quietly through my own house, I began to hear muffled cries from the kitchen, and the harsh, familiar voice of "where is she?" It clicked for me now: my mother had sent me away to be a Guardian to keep me safe from my father. Even at the cost of herself.

Jack and I crouched by the kitchen door, looking through the blurry glass window in the top half of it: the line didn't go to my mum... it went to Pitch. "He's scared you'll become one of us and defeat him," Jack whispered into my ear, his cold breath sending shivers down my spine. "Sorry," he muttered, turning away. I grabbed him by the shoulders and turned him towards me, staring into his eyes. His icy blue eyes. They were wide open, and a rosy blush was beginning to form on his cheeks. I leaned into him and whispered in his ear:

"You have nothing to apologise for."

We turned back to the door when we heard my father. "Where is my daughter, where is she?" He shouted, pacing around.

"She went away, on a trip, I told you. She won't be back for another few weeks," my mum explained, worry in her soft voice.

"With who?" Pitch snarled, grabbing my mum's shoulders. Jack tried to grab me before I stormed into the kitchen; he was nearly too late. Jack pushed me to the ground - away from the door - and went into the kitchen himself. I couldn't see what was going on, but I could definitely hear it.

"Terrorising civilians, Pitch?" Jack asked. "Why don't you leave her alone?" He pointed at my father with his staff.

"Ha, you have no idea who this woman is, do you?" Pitch asked. There was a pause. "She knows who you are, though. This is Jack Frost, the boy who ruined Easter!"

"He didn't ruin Easter, you did! For your daughter and for everyone else!" My mother snapped. I saw Jack's leg poke out of the doorway, one of my feathers was attached to his trouser leg. I cursed in my head. Pitch is definitely going to notice that.

"Oh, those nightmares were just the beginning, wait until I set my master plan into place!" Pitch laughed. I needed to think; quickly. I stood up and looked back at the kitchen, the line was still going into Pitch. I tried to make it so the rest of the Guardians could see it, too: I had no idea whether or not it had worked, but the golden line looked a little bit brighter. It looked a lot like Sandy's dream lines, but it wasn't sandy: just twirly and sparkly.

"Let's take this outside, then," I heard Pitch say. I froze: if I opened the front door, I would have been heard, if I went past the kitchen door and into another room (or up the stairs) I could have been seen, if I flew to the ceiling and stayed there, Pitch would feel the air from my wings. I couldn't be afraid: any form of tension or fear and my father would be able to sense me.
What on Earth do I do?