The Final Battle

Suddenly, I could hear the the sound of cawing and pecking at a window. I could see a golden line going straight towards me, and forking to go towards Mary and I. I turned: Tali was at the window. "Oh no."

"What happened?" Tooth asked.

"It's Pitch, he got to my mum, we need to go!" My tone was urgent.

"To the sleigh!" North shouted, raising his finger. Off we went, I suppose, much to Bunny's disapproval. I supposed it would be a lot faster than flying: the only reason getting here with Jack manually didn't take too long was because Mary and I were flying at full speed, which was probably about 300mph (or 483 kmph).
I'd never been on North's sleigh, or so much as met his reindeer, but I knew for a fact that Rudolph wasn't one of them. North's sleigh was intricately painted, and it seemed that some scratch marks (probably Bunny's) had been painted over. I was squished next to Jack on the seat, but I didn't mind; leaning on his shoulder with his arm wrapped around my waist was blissful.

Mary and Tali stood behind the sleigh, waiting patiently. North flicked the reigns and the reindeer began to walk forward, quickly increasing in speed as we sped through an icy tunnel. Once we were outside, North pulled out an enchanted-looking snow globe, whispered into it, and we all flew into the portal it created: it took us to where Sabre had taken my mother. I looked up at Jack, wondering whether or not I should kiss him on the cheek, but I was distracted by his expression: he seemed shocked. "What?" I asked.

"This is where I was going to take you to build your place," he breathed, before calming down and smiling at me. He looked around at the area and spoke again. "Yeah this is definitely the place-"

"Guys! Pitch," Tooth exclaimed. Sure enough, there he was, with a herd of weak-looking Nightmares. My mother had been followed here.

Jack, Tooth, Sandy and I leapt off the sleigh before it had even landed: we'd be in trouble if we wasted any time. Sandy and I worked on the Nightmares while Tooth discreetly followed Tali to my mother. Jack confronted Pitch. "Why are you so close with my daughter?" Pitch seethed in disgust.

"She's not your daughter, you abandoned her!" Jack shouted back, pointing his staff threateningly.
So far, I had turned three Nightmares into other creatures and named them. Sandy had turned about five into dreams. It was ridiculously easy. Either I was getting stronger, or Pitch had come to this fight unprepared.

"I just wanted to be believed in!" Pitch shouted. "I wanted a child of my own who saw me and understood what it was like-" Jack sent stalactites after Pitch with his staff mid-sentence.

"You manipulative, cold-hearted-..." I didn't hear the rest of it, Pitch's Nightmares had all forged into one; a huge, terrifying monster.

"That is a giant nope," I said to Sandy. He had golden sand-weapons prepared. "Hey, how'd you do that?" I asked, while trying myself: I did not have the facilities. My creatures did not attack the huge Nightmare, but all Sandy had to do was touch it and turn it into a dream. It worked very slowly though, and only part of the way up and then it stopped. I tapped it too and another part of it turned. A blast from Jack going after Pitch nicked the side and part of it turned to ice. I called for Tooth, Bunny and North and they all did the same. Then, and only then, did the Nightmare disappear - without even transforming into anything else other than black smoke, which quickly wafted away in the wind. Pitch was too weak to do anything: He practically collapsed. He didn't even look magical anymore, it was as if he'd turned completely human.

His hair was still dark, but his arms turned bare (seeming as though he didn't even have sleeves in the first place; they were shadows), his skin turned tan instead of grey and even though I couldn't see his eyes, I was sure they were no longer yellow. "He's human," Tooth stated as we all stood over him.

"Do you think he'll remember what happened?" I asked. If he forgot, he'd probably be taken to a hospital and then live a normal life. Sabre came back with my mother and she joined us in looking at a human version of Pitch.

"He's human." My mother had a habit of stating the obvious.

"If he's forgotten his life as the 'Nightmare King', we'll just pass through him if we try to touch him," I stated. Bunnymund tentatively brought his foot out to tap him on the shoulder: it passed right through and Bunny flinched, leaping backward with a 'crikey'. We couldn't call an ambulance: this place was far from any human life.

"North, take me to the nearest hospital," my mother began. I could feasibly tell where I got my decisive trait from. "I'll stay with him there for a while; I'll say that I found him on the side of the road and I don't know who he is. Jack, stay here with my daughter, build your palace. Bunny, Sandy and Tooth, thank you for your help. You have busy lives, so you must return back now."

"But _____ hasn't been made official guardian," North stated. My mother told him sharply that there were other more important things at the moment and there was plenty of time for me to be appointed a Guardian. He agreed. Jack took me to a beautiful plot of land that he deemed perfect for us to build on.