To The Sky

When my new creatures and I flew out of Pitch's lair, I found that it was, in fact, daytime. The wind was coming fast in my direction, which made it difficult for me to move. I didn't have to fly for long before I nearly bumped into Jack, who zipped past me. Upon noticing me, he turned and flew towards me, saying my name cautiously. Baby Tooth was on his shoulder, a little uncertain. "Yes, it's me," I assured. "When I touch Pitch's Nightmares, I get pets." I chuckled. He looked at them, then back at me.

"Nice," he stated, impressed. We made our way back to my house. "Your mother was terrified," Jack began, "she didn't know what to think. Why didn't you send for help?" He asked, talking faster and getting increasingly more worried.

"Jack, I'm here now. And I couldn't send for help because there was some sort of block. I'm here now, chill," I replied, kissing him on the cheek. "Now, help me name my creatures."

~

I let Jack name the horse and he decided to call her Mary. I named the dragon Fury. Baby Tooth named the wolf Sabre and we all named the eagle Tali. When we got back home, we saw my mother standing at the door, her face an exact picture of worry. I flew down to her and hugged her. "I'm okay," I began. "Pitch's nightmares can't hurt me." I gestured to the horse-sized creatures behind me. My mother smiled, nodding, before inviting us back inside. I really didn't think this much stress was good for her.

"Are you okay, Paige?" Jack asked her as we went inside. My animals flew to the roof and garden to guard the house.

"Yes, I'm fine, thank you, Jack," she said with a yawn. Clearly she'd been having nightmares and had been finding it difficult to sleep. I didn't know what to say to her.

Jack and I sat in my bedroom, on my bed, cross-legged. "I'm worried about my mother," I began. "She's been very stressed recently. I think I should start building a place for us to stay, and you, too."

"Where would you build it?" Jack asked. It felt strange, talking business: I hadn't even told the other guardians that I'd agreed to join them.

"Where do you recommend?" I asked. A smile grew on Jack's face:

"I know a place. We can go to it another time. Right now, we need to meet with the other Guardians. Bring your creatures, we need to show-"

"No. We will bring Mary. The others will stay here and protect the house and my mother." I decided. I wasn't going to risk Pitch attacking again. We went downstairs. I had a feeling that my creatures would obey my every command, I walked into the garden while Jack went to speak to my mother. "Tali, go to the roof and guard; Sabre, come inside and keep an eye on my mother, Fury, you're on patrol, fly around the area and make sure Pitch and his Nightmares don't return. Any sign of trouble, signal to Tali, and she will tell Sabre. Sabre, if Tali warns you of anything, take my mum somewhere safe, and not somewhere you can be tracked. Stay with her no matter what. Tali and Fury, if you need to fight, fight, but one of you needs to signal back to me somehow to let me know what happened, okay?" They seemed to understand; Tali flew to the roof. Fury flew off and patrolled the vicinity in wide circles, Sabre walked inside and sat by my mother, careful not to knock anything over with his great wings. Mary looked at me expectantly. "Yeah, you're with me, girl," I said, stroking her nose. "You ready, Jack?" I called, looking over at him. He nodded, jogging over to join me and explaining that my mother knew of our plan and felt calmer knowing that we were moving our place of living.

"She'll be packing her stuff," Jack said, picking up his staff and sending the wind towards North's pole.

"No, don't!" I hissed, blocking his power. "In order to remain untraceable by Pitch, we can't reveal where we're going, we need to get there manually." I thought for a moment. "Get on Mary's back, quick let's go." He did as he was told and off we went.