Pitch's Defeat

Above is what your wings look like when not activated. (There are no horns because she is not a Dark Fey)

I decided that trying to hide from my father was not an option. The only reason I'd been hiding in the first place was to protect my mother and the Guardians, but standing in the hallway would help no one. I took a power stance, folding my arms, stretching my legs a little, and opening out my wings so that they were blocking the door. That way, when my father walked out from the kitchen, he would see me as soon as he turned to walk out the front door. Perhaps I didn't need to prepare myself, though, given what I heard next:
"I don't wanna fight you, Pitch. I want you to leave this woman, and her daughter, alone." Jack snarled.

"Do you remember what happened the last time you asked to be alone?" Pitch snarled. That did it: I was tired of listening to my dad's crappy stalling: The emotionally-weak idiot. I took a deep breath, stretched my wings, and marched - calmly and in my own time - into the kitchen doorway. My mother was sitting, tied to a chair with the black sand of my father's magic. Jack was between her and Pitch - who couldn't see me from that angle. I moved further into the kitchen, facing my father. The golden line was stronger now: he was terrified.

"Get out..." I began. Jack turned to see me and even he looked frightened: "Of my house," I continued, before conjuring up a great amount of power, and focusing it straight into him. Through our kitchen, you could get straight into the living room, and from there were the French doors to the garden... let's just say I would have broken those had they not been open. What I did break, however, was the fence at the back of our garden. I turned instantly back to my mum, "I'm sorry I broke the fence!" I cried, before she stood up, Pitch's magic no longer affecting her, and embraced me, laughing.

"You can take care of yourself! I'm so proud! You are ready to become a Guardian!" She cried.

"Mum, I don't want to leave you. And what if I mess up? What if the Guardians grow tired of me? What if-..." My mother and Jack both said my name, stopping my rambling. My mother spoke first.

"You won't have to leave me. Toothiana said that if you create your own place, I can live there with you: Bunnymund has his burrow, North has his pole and Toothiana has her palace. There's nothing for me in this town except for you. We can go wherever you like and you can continue to save people. I'll be with you every step of the way." She held my hands and smiled.

"Thanks, mum." Suddenly a horrid and painful thought hit me. "But you're not immortal! When you die, I'll be alone, you'll-"

"You have Jack." She smiled, looking over at him. He and I went silent. "I've seen how he looks at you," she didn't even attempt a whisper. She winked at him. He turned away, scratching the back of his head.

"Okay, mum, we can stop making Jack feel uncomfortable. Oh look, I see a line, gotta go, I'll be back for dinner in a couple of hours, au revoir!" I shouted, rushing into the garden, grabbing Pitch, flying up and back over the house - where I saw North's sleigh approaching- and dumping the limp body into the back seat. After that, I flew back down to sit on my roof. It was nearly sunset. "It's been a long day," I said to myself quietly.