Chapter 4

in which said creepy elf somehow knows her?

It took a full minute for the words to sink in with me, which must have made me look like a gaping fish, staring at Dumbledore, the rest of the Order looking a little shell shocked as I found my voice.

"You...did what?" My voice was no louder than a whisper as I braced myself against the wall, unable to grasp what he had just said.

"Blair, you know full well what the future holds for us." There was no twinkle in his eye anymore, a more solemn expression taking over his features.

"You know the losses that we will sustain. And you know how to prevent them."

"B-but that-that's crazy! You brought me back in time, me, of all people, oh! And lets not forget that you dragged my sister back in time as well!" My voice had risen, loud enough that people outside of the room could probably hear me, but Dumbledore did nothing to tell me to quiet down as the other adults exchanged uneasy glances.

"You expect me to just-just come in here and act like none of this bothers me! Like I don't have a life back in twenty-twenty! News flash, I do!"

Dumbledore waited until I was done, hands carefully folded in front of him, while my arms were crossed tightly across my chest, chest rising and falling rapidly.

"I'm going to assume that you are done, seeing as you have done nothing but glare at me for the past twenty seconds." Dumbledore said calmly, sitting up straighter in his seat.

"Blair, before this day, all of us-" He gestured to all of the people in the room, my eyes following his hand at Sirius Black, Severus Snape, Nymphadora Tonks, Remus Lupin, Arthur Weasley...

"We were just a book. A story. Fictional characters in a fictional world. I can assure you, we are very much real. And our fates lie in your hands. Every single one of us. We will not be able to win this fight without you. Not truly."

I stared at him, some of my previous rage subsiding. I knew that what he was saying was true, of course it was. I could stop Sirius from dying, Fred, and Tonks, and Remus, and Colin Creevy, and everyone else that had lost their lives to this horrible war.

"I know that you're right. Doesn't mean I'm happy about it." I said, uncrossing my arms and letting them fall down to my sides. It's also a little crazy to think that somehow magic is real and I am now in the past. Unless this is all some elaborate prank.

"Alright everyone. Sorry if you got a little upset I yelled. My name is Blair Stevens, and I'm from the future."

The Order meeting was utterly exhausting, was the only thing that I could think as she I down on the couch, letting my, head loll back onto the seat.

"That's tired eh?" Came a voice from the doorway, and I cracked an eye open to look at Sirius.

"It's been an eventful day." I replied, closing my eyes again and feeling the couch dip down on my right side.

"I've gathered as much." He replied with a chuckle, and I sat up, swinging my legs up to sit criss cross, facing him.

"You know, you look really familiar." I blurted out after a second. "At first I thought it was because of, ya know, the movies, and the books, and just-" I paused to gesture at him, "Cause you're Sirius freaking Black, but no, it's like I've known you."

"I was thinking the same thing!" He said excitedly, moving to face me more head on. "It's like you remind me of someone I used to know."

"Very touching, Black. If only I hadn't walked in on this while on my way out." Came a rather nasty, nasal voice from the doorway, and the two of us looked up to look at, the man, the myth, the legend, Severus Snape himself.

"Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out, Snivellus." Sirius taunted, smirking at Snape, who's nostrils flared, and with a whirl of his cape, he made his way out the door.

Sirius let out a sigh, not turning back for a few moments, and when he did, he had an apologetic look on his face.

"I'm sorry-he and I don't-"

"-have the best of history." I finished for him, patting him on the shoulder. "You forget that I know everything." Sirius let out a laugh, which sounded more like a bark than a laugh.

"Of course. It's still a little hard to believe that Dumbledore somehow transported you from the future."

I was about to respond before Molly bustled into the room we were sitting in, ushering both me and the ex-convict towards the kitchen.

"Both of you need to eat! You're much too skinny!" She fussed, placing two steaming bowls of soup in front of the both of us, and we exchanged amused glanced before picking up the spoons.

"Mrs. Weasley-I promise I'm fine. Two bowls of soup was more than enough." I said, trying to push the third bowl away. Mrs. Weasley was lovely, an amazing woman honestly, but I was feeling rather tired.

"Right now, I really just want to go bed." I said, and she paused her bustling to move over to me.

"Oh dear-I completely forgot. It's almost one in the morning! Sirius, be a dear and take Blair up to a guest bedroom. The fourth door on the right-her sister is in that one. Poor dear looked exhausted."

I mustered up a smile, and thanked her once more before following Sirius up the stairs.

"This place is so much creepier than I had imagined it to be." I whispered hissed to him, and he held back a laugh, and I nearly screamed when I saw Kreacher.

The house elf looked shocked for a second, before his face dropped into his signature pained look.

"Oh the blood traitors daughter, she comes at last. Oh, another blood traitor in the Noble House of Black...my mistress would have never allowed it."