Chapter 6

in which she-waaait, wooaah dumbledore wants to tell her something.

"Fred Weasley."

"George Weasley," The two twins introduced themselves, grabbing my hands and crossing them to shake them.

"Very nice to meet you both." I said, a huge grin beginning to form on my face. Hooooly shit.

I'm meeting the Weasleys.

"Ginny Weasley." The youngest red head introduced herself, and I shook her hand, smiling at her before turning to the last two.

"Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley." The names slipped out of my mouth before I could stop them, and I turned bright red.

"Er-sorry, it's just that you're all kind of famous." I chuckled sheepishly, rubbing the back of my neck.

Hermione gave me a smile and laughed. "It's not a problem." A moment of silence passed before she elbowed Ron in the stomach. "Ronald! Introduce yourself!"

Ron glanced at her. "But why? She already knows us." He said, and a laugh slipped through my lips.

"He does have a point."

"Wait a second, are you American?" George interrupted, using my head as an armrest before I swatted him away, the smile on my face growing wider with every passing minute.

"Um..yup. T-transfer student from Illvermorny. Thunderbird House." I said, suddenly very grateful for the fact that I had done research on the school.

"Wicked." Fred and George said simultaneously, and at that moment I realized I was fucked.

I'm not a witch.

Sirius led us towards the living room (sitting room? Was it different in Britain?) and I immediately got ambushed by a small child tackling me to the ground.

"Blaiiiirrr! Where have you been? I've been looking for you everywhere!" Emma grouched, standing up to glare down at me with crossed arms.

"Well you obviously didn't look hard enough. I was literally in the entryway." I grumbled, accepting Sirius's hand to help me up.

"Who are all of these people?" She asked after a second, glancing at Hermione and the Weasleys.

"I think we should be asking you that." Fred said, George elbowing him.

"We're the Weasleys, smaller American." The latter said, and the redheads waved a hand.

"I'm Hermione." The brown haired girl said, giving my younger sister a kind smile.

"I'm Emma Stevens. Blair is my big sister." She introduced herself, and I scowled at her.

"Maybe you should be nicer to me, if me being a big sister is so important to you." I said, glancing down at her, and she pretended to pout.

"Strangely, I don't see much resemblance." Ginny said, glancing from me to my sister. "You hair is darker, and your eyes are totally different."

I sighed. "We get that a lot. In fact, I don't really resemble either of my parents. When I was ten I asked my parents if I was adopted. They said no."

Ginny made a noise of understanding, and out of the corner of my eye I could see Sirius glancing at me strangely, but I decided not to ask him about it.

"Anyways...Welcome to Sirius's humble abode." I said, gesturing at the ex-convict. He looked startled for a second, before he gave a small half smile.

"Welcome, I suppose. I don't care much for the place, but try not to burn it to the ground. If you do though, I won't object." He said, settling down on a couch.

Hermione laughed, and the mood in the room seemed to lighten as people began settling in, and Fred ad George began to compare pranking strategies with Sirius, Hermione and Ron talking about something on another couch, and Ginny, Emma and I telling each other stories on the last open couch.

It was about one o'clock in the morning, and Mrs. Weasley had ordered everyone to bed, because tomorrow they had an early day, going to Diagon Alley and whatnot, but I couldn't sleep.

Maybe it was partly because I was jealous or sad that I couldn't go to Diagon Alley, and that made me remember I couldn't go to Hogwarts, but either way I carefully snuck out of my bed.

I crept down the stairs, wincing at every creak the old stairs made. When I finally made it to the kitchen, I quietly rifled through the cabinets, searching for coffee but finding none.

Grumbling under my breath, I filled up the kettle to boil some water, having to settle for tea, and when I turned I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the figure standing in the door way.

"Jesus Christ man, are you trying to kill me?" I hissed, pressing a hand to my rapid beating heart.

Dumbledore chuckled lightly, moving to sit at the table. "Is there enough tea in that kettle for two?" He asked, and I nodded wearily.

"What can I do for you, Professor?" I asked, leaning against the counter with my arms crossed, keeping an eye on the kettle.

"I assume that you know what is coming up." He said, not answering my question.

"September first." I answered, then froze. Time had completely flown by while being confined to Twelve Grimmauld Place, that I had completely forgotten what tomorrow was.

Tomorrow was August second, the day that Harry got attacked by dementors. I forced myself to relax, reminding myself that Harry would be fine.

Mostly.

"Precisely." Dumbledore said, and had obviously decided to ignore that I had been staring into space with wide eyes the past minute. "The first day of Hogwarts."

"Professor, why are you telling me this?" I asked, pouring the tea into two mugs. "It's not as if I'm allowed to go."

"I think it's actually quite the opposite, Miss Stevens." Dumbledore said as I placed the mug in front of him. "I'm quite certain that witches are allowed to go to Hogwarts."

"I know." I said glumly, taking a sip of tea before my eyes went wide and I had to refrain from spitting out my tea. I swallowed with difficulty, coughing slightly.

"W-what-what are you telling me?" I asked warily, setting aside the mug.

"I am saying, Blair," Dumbledore said, pausing before he adjusted his spectacles and looking up at me, "That you are a witch."