Chapter 10

in which dumbledore cracks down

With those three words, Sirius bolted for the door, which was thrown open inches from his face. Remus stood on the other side, disheveled as his gaze moved from Sirius to me.

"Dumbledore wants me to go on the dispatch team. He wants both of you in the meeting." Remus informed, and Sirius moved to grip his shoulders, not harshly but not completely gentle either.

"Is my godson alright?" He asked, dread and anticipation mixed into one. I understood where he was coming from. Harry was the last thing left of two of his best friends, James and Lily. If anything happened to him, he would be inconsolable.

"He's fine. He's safe. Shaken, but safe." Sirius let go of the other man's shoulders and leaned against the doorframe, wilting in relief. He rubbed a hand over his face and looked over at me.

"The two of us better head down to the kitchen then, shouldn't we?" Sirius said, and before we left the room, I gave him a tight hug, stepping up on my tippy toes as I did.

"I promise you that he's alright. He'll be alright." I whispered, and I felt him take a deep breath before pulling away and giving me a genuine smile.

"I forget that you know everything sometimes." He said, tapping his temple as he did.

"Ssshe doessssn't know everything, asss much asss ssshe would like to." Beelzebub spoke up from where he had been settled around my neck.

"Hush you." I murmured, batting his head away lightly, and he let out a quiet warning hiss.

"Stop arguing like children over a toy." Sirius said, and although we knew he was joking, it shut us right up. Well, at least he's not panicking anymore.

"You're supposed to prevent these things from happening! That is why you are here!" Dumbledore raised his voice as I shrunk into my seat.

The extraction team had gotten back from getting Harry maybe five minutes ago, and now Dumbledore was cracking down on me in front of everyone. That was humiliating.

"I'm sorry." Is the only thing I could come up with, my voice a mumble as I stared at my hands.

"Sorry isn't enough! You should have told someone, done something!"

"What did you want me to do?" I snapped, my patience finally breaking. "Go over to Privet Drive myself and be his personal bodyguard? Telling someone would mess up the timeline, which could cause god knows what, and then no one would know what to do! I'm not here to mess up your world more than it already is; I'm here to fix it."

The entire room went silent. My brief moment of anger was over, and I dropped back into my seat, not even have realized that I stood up.

"I'm sorry." Surprisingly, Dumbledore was the one who spoke, and my gaze lifted to him. "I apologize for putting so much pressure on you, but it is necessary."

"I know. Damn it, I know. But somethings just...have to happen." I took a deep breath. "This being one of them."

The meeting continued on after Dumbledore's scolding and my lashing out, starting with the the older members of the Order talking about some sort of guard duty. Of course I knew what they were guarding; the prophecy, but I wasn't involved in the conversation. I'm only fifteen, after all.

Then it was Snape's turn.

"The dark lord is gathering more supporters, mainly purebloods and supremacists." There was a moment of silence. "And other stereotypically dark creatures, such as werewolves and a few vampires."

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Remus shift uneasily, hand moving to touch the scars on his face, but he was stopped by Tonks, who was sitting next to him. The currently pinked haired woman gave him a gentle smile.

"He has been working diligently to attempt to seize the weapon, but his attempts have been thwarted."

"Can he not talk asss if he were from the eighteenth cccentury?" I stifled a giggle as Beelzebub hissed into my ear, covering it with a cough as everyone to turned to look at me.

"Um..sorry. Proceed." I said, crossing my arms as I leaned back. Snape scoffed quietly before turning back.

"There is...one last thing." Snape said, and I balked at what I heard next. "The Dark Lord knows there is a time traveler in this time."

Murmurs rang through the room, and I stiffened. Damn, sucks a fat one.

Sirius placed a hand on my shoulder and leaned in to whisper something to me. "He won't touch you. I won't let him."

"That is all." Snape said, and with an unidentifiable emotion, look me in the eye for a moment before sitting back down.

"What are they talking about down there anyway?" Harry asked, having calmed down since Fred, George, and Ginny had made their way into the room he was talking to Ron and Hermione in.

"Some of them are recruiting others for the Order-"

"And they're always talking about some sort of guard duty." Ron interrupted Hermione, and the latter gave him an exasperated look.

"I'm sure that Blair will tell us everything afterwards anyway." Ginny said, sitting down on the floor. "I was just with Emma, actually. She's like the little sister I never had."

"That child and Sirius put a fake spider in my soup yesterday! She's evil, I'm telling you!" Ron objected.

"Er-who are Blair and Emma?" Harry asked, suddenly feeling very out of place in the conversation.

"Oh, sorry Harry.. Blair and Emma Stevens are two sisters from America. Blair is going to be enrolled at Hogwarts this year. Emma isn't of age yet so she can't be going."

"Huh. New student." Harry said, standing up as he heard Mrs. Weasley moving towards the door. "I have a feeling it'll be an interesting year.

chapter 10! I hope you all enjoyed the chapter, this is the first one with actual book stuff!

also

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 215 READS AND 21 VOTES!! thats crazy!! when I first started this i had my doubts on whether people would actually enjoy this, and im super glad you guys do!

leave a comment!

please vote if you enjoyed!