Chapter 7

in which physical violence is the only way to get weasleys to go away

"I'm a what?"

The words rolled out of my mouth, and I had to suppress a hysteric snort. Quoting the movies now, are we?

"Sorry-sorry-but what? Wait a minute, wait a minute. That's ridiculous. I'm the farthest thing from a witch that there is. I-I don't exactly understand what you mean."

"I mean exactly what I said, Blair." Taking one last sip from his mug and standing up, Dumbledore straightened his robes. "Your roots may be closer than you think." He said, glancing up at me before glancing at a pocketwatch.

"My, I'm afraid that if you hope to get a good night of sleep and go to Diagon Alley tomorrow, you need to hop off to bed now." Dumbledore said cheerfully, turning to stride out the door, me hurrying after him.

"Wait-sir-professor-what do you mean my roots are closer than I think?" I asked, desperately trying to get a straight answer out of him for once.

He paused, hand resting on the doorknob, and looked back at me. "All in due time, my dear girl." He said quietly, and without another word, opened the door and slipped outside.

I stared at him, mind trying to wrap itself around what he had just told me.

Apparently I was a witch, and my 'roots' were closer than I thought. Whatever the heck that meant.

I sighed, rubbing my forehead, before quietly making my way upstairs. This could all wait until morning. Bruuuh, I'm a witch.

Albus closed the door to Twelve Grimmauld Place quietly, turning to the road ahead with a sigh.

He felt bad for not telling the two the truth, but it was something that they had to figure out by themselves.

Turning on his heel and thinking home, Albus Dumbledore disapperated into the warm evening of August 1, 1995.

"Psst! Psssst!"

"Merlin, how heavy of a sleeper is she?"

"Dunno Freddie, but Mum told us not to wake her sister."

"Jesus, you two are louder than my dads sneeze." I grumbled, lifting my hand to cover my face but succeeding in accidentally smacking George across his face.

"Not a very good way to thank a carrier of good intentions." George hissed, but I could hear the teasing lilt to his voice.

"Mum told us to wake you up. You're coming with us to Diagon Alley." I sat straight up, accidentally knocking foreheads with George.

"Merlin, how hard is your forehead? And really, a smack and a forehead crack?" George asked with a grin, rubbing the spot where we had knocked noggins. Haha, what a funny word. Noggin.

"Quit fooling around and get out so I can change." I said, shooing them away. Once the door had shut, I made my way over to my backpack, finding a shirt and slipping it on along with a pair of ripped jeans.

Pulling on a white tank top and a gray zip up hoodie, I cast one last glance at my sister before making my way out the door and down the stairs.

"What was Illvermorney like?" Ron asked me as I sat down. What happened to hello? How are you?

"Well...I suppose it was like any other school. We learned how to brew potions, cast spells...not much more to magic is there?" I laughed awkwardly, turning back to my plate as Ron considered my answer.

Grateful for the distraction of food, the group of Weasleys, Hermione, and I ate, and twenty minutes later we were standing in front of the fireplace, me staring at it rather warily.

"Alright, you know how the Floo works, I assume?" Mrs. Weasley asked, looking over at me. I did. Reading the Harry Potter Books did that to you. Speaking of which, soon I would get to meet the man, the myth, the legend, John Cena! Harry Potter himself soon.

I nodded wordlessly, and took a handful of the green powder, hesitantly stepping into the already green flames, flinching as I did. Swallowing, I looked up to meet Sirius's eyes, who nodded reassuringly at me.

I took a deep breath and threw the powder down, stating firmly, "The Leaky Cauldron!" And I disappeared in a flash of green fire.

I'm sorry for the long wait for this update, and I also apologize for the shorter than usual chapter.

I wanted to save Diagon Alley for it's own chapter instead of being cut in half between two chapters.

Please Vote, Comment, and share with others! Have a great day!