Chapter 11

in which she faces a hard truth.

"Severus, Blair, a word please." Dumbledore called quietly as the meeting commenced and the other members began to move around, either to leave or to another seat.

"Yes, D-Professor?" I asked, moving closer, eyeing Snape warily out of the corner of my eye. Oh dear god, I think I knew that this was about.

"Severus, I have to ask a great favor of you."

Here is comes.

"Would you be willing to teach Blair Occulmency and catch her up on spells?" Ah, fuck.

There it is.

Snape and I exchanged a glance, him looking down on me with a slight sneer. "Certainly, Professor."

Dumbledore dipped his head, a pleased smile coming to his lips. "Thank you, Severus. I will leave the two of you to discuss meeting times." And with that, there was a crack as he turned on his heel, and disapperated.

Snape gave me no room for discussion as he turned to peer down at me. "Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at eight thirty in the evening. Don't...be late."

"Wait-three times a week? Isn't that a lot?" I asked, crossing my arms stubbornly.

"If you do not wish to the learn the skill of Occulmency and for the Dark Lord to find out that you and your sister are from the future, and to be at the same skill level as your classmates, then by all means....suggest a time." Bruh.

I shut my mouth at that, knowing that he was probably right.

"Fine." I grouched, releasing my arms. Snape turned around, ready to leave before I called out once more. "Also...thanks, I guess for doing this."

He froze for a second to look back at me. He stared at me quizzically for a moment before stiffly nodding his head and turning back, and with a dramatic sweep of his cloak, he vanished out of my line of sight towards the door.

CRASH

"Tonks!" cried Mrs Weasley in exasperation, turning to look behind her.

"Iʹm sorry!" wailed Tonks, who was lying flat on the floor. "Itʹs that stupid umbrella stand, thatʹs the second time Iʹve tripped over ‐"

But the rest of her words were drowned out by a horrible, ear-splitting, blood curdling shriek.

The moth-eaten velvet curtains to Walburga Black's portrait flew open, and her horrible face and screams were now heard through the whole house and Tonks apologize over and over again as Lupin and Mrs. Weasley tried in vain to close the curtains to no avail.

"Filth! Scum! By‐products of dirt and vileness! Half‐breeds, mutants, freaks, begone from this place! How dare you befoul the house of my fathers-"

A moment later, Sirius rushed out from the door to the kitchen, moving quickly to the portrait screaming bloody murder.

"Shut up, you horrible old hag, shut UP!" he roared, seizing the curtain Mrs. Weasley had abandoned.

The old womanʹs face blanched.

"Yoooou!" she howled, her eyes popping at the sight of the man. "Blood traitor, abomination, shame of my flesh!"

"I said ‐ shut ‐ UP!" roared the man, and with a stupendous effort he and Lupin managed to force the curtains closed again. The old womanʹs screeches died and an echoing silence fell. Panting slightly and sweeping his long dark hair out of his eyes, he turned to face the others. Ben Barnes lookin ass.

"Hello Harry." He said grimly. "I see you've met my mother."

Harry, who Blair hadn't even noticed, stared at Sirius in bewilderment.

"Your mother?"

"I'm gonna go get Emma." I quietly told Sirius in a moment of quiet while we were making our way to the kitchen, receiving a strange look from Harry and a nod from Sirius.

"Ssso that went well." Beelzebub commented as I trooped up the stairs, making me jump.

"Holy Joe Biden, I forgot you were here." I snapped, trying to calm my racing heart. "Quit scaring me like that."

"Sssorry." He snickered, not sounding very sorry at all. "Are you excccited to ssstart learning real magic onccce you get to ssschool?"

I sighed as I leaned against the wall next to the room my sister and I were staying in. "You know, I'm still a little skeptical. I mean, I half expect Dumbledore to just yell, 'SIKE, you really thought you were a witch?' Whenever I talk to him. It's a bit scary, actually."

"Underssstandable." Beelzebub comforted, moving so that he was able to look at me slightly. "Ifff it helpsss, I'll be there the whole-Ack!"

Beelzebub had slipped off of my shoulder, quickly caught by me before he hit the ground. I snickered, and he sniffed before moving to carefully wrap around my neck once more.

"It'sss not fffunny." He grumbled, hiding his face in my hood.

"It's a little funny."

"Emma! Dinner!" I called, and the door swung open to reveal Emma, who gave Beelzebub a glare before grabbing my hand and pulling me by the hand. She wasted no time asking me her request.

"Can I ask Tonks if we can go shopping with her tomorrow? It seems like we're gonna be here for a while."

My mind froze for a moment before I smiled at her. "Of course. I'm sure that she would love to if she's free tomorrow."

There was another moment of silence before my little sister spoke again.

"Are we ever gonna see mom and dad again?"

My heart gave a painful jolt in my chest, and I squeezed her hand.

"I..." I could either be honest, or I could sugarcoat it. "I don't think so." Emma's eyes welled up with tears as she sniffles, glancing away as she tried to come to terms with her new reality.

"But...why?" She ask, voice cracking. "Why can't we go back?"

I wrapped my arms around her. "I don't know. I don't know why us, or why now. I'm sorry." It's all my fault.

chapter eleven! hope you guys enjoyed this one, its more of a filler than anything, but its a pretty important one too.

please comment and vote if you enjoyed!