Chapter 5

in which she trips. and falls on her face.

I took a step back, tongue-tied as I stared at Kreacher, who's face twisted into a sickly smirk.

"Out of the way, Kreacher." Sirius snarled, pushing past him as he cleared a path for me. I followed, eyes lingering on the house-elf before I began making my way up the stairs.

Even after I looked away, it felt like someone was watching me.

"He must have confused me with someone else." I chuckled, noticing Sirius's sullen look. "I mean, I'm nobody."

"You're not nobody. You wouldn't be here is you were." He said plainly, but threw me a tired smile after. "I'm sorry, Blair. It's been a long day, and you should go sleep." He tapped the wall next to a door, and I realized it was the door Mrs. Weasley had told us my sister was in.

"I'll meet your sister tomorrow." He said with a smile, and I opened the door, throwing him a goodnight and closing the door.

Emma was out cold, snoring lightly as she lay on one side of a queen size bed.

"Right. I forget that the Black's are rich." I said, and too tired to even change, I slipped off my shoes and jacket, crawling under the covers a small ways away from my sister, and fell asleep shortly.

"Dumbledore-Professor-wait!" Sirius hissed as he ran down the stairs, just as Dumbledore placed his hand on the doorknob of the front door.

The Headmaster turned, nodding in Sirius's direction. "It is late, Sirius. You should be resting."

"You should be telling me the whole truth." Sirius said, stepping forward. "Who is she? She can't be just a muggle. I know you didn't bring her just because she knew the stories about us. What was the other reason?"

Dumbledore stared at him for a moment, before straightening out. "She reminds you of someone." He stated. "Someone from your past."

"I'm...not sure." Sirius said after a moment. "I think so."

"Dumbledore, if there is something I should know, tell me, please." Sirius pleaded, and for a moment the old Headmaster looked as if he would crack, but he merely gave the ex-convict a soft smile.

"All in due time."

"Thank you Mrs. Weasley." Emma chirped as the red haired woman slid a plate of pancakes in front of the ten year old.

"Oh, it's no trouble dear." Molly said, patting her cheek. "Now, Blair, Emma. Hermione, Ron, Fred, George and Ginny will be coming to Grimmauld Place today, so don't be frightened when you see them around."

"You have nothing to worry about, Mrs. Weasley. I'm afraid of nothing." I stated boldly, only to scream when a spider dropped onto me plate, only to realize it was fake. I quickly whirled around to glare at Sirius, who was bent over with laughter.

"That wasn't funny!" I yelled, swatting his arm, before bursting into laughter with him. Emma lookeeover at the two of us.

"Can I help you next time?" She asked through a mouthful of pancakes, and Sirius looked up at her, wiping tears of mirth away from his eyes.

"Of course kiddo. It's gonna be so much fun to prank your big sister." Some sort of emotion went through his eyes at the second phrase, but it was gone as fast as it had come.

"I'm Emma." She stated, waving at Sirius.

"I'm Sirius. It's nice to meet you, Emma." Sirius said, grinning at the child.

"Whats your name, though?" Emma asked, brows furrowing as she stared at him.

"Sirius."

"That can't be a name!"

"Well of course it can, it's mine!"

"You can't be serious!"

"Oh, but I am." The black haired man gave a grin, ruffling Emma's hair, who had quickly warmed up to him. "I think I win this time."

Emma pouted as she took another bite of pancake. "Fiiinne." She said, quickly diverting her attention back to her plate.

"She has a short attention span." I chuckled, pushing my own plate away, having eaten enough.

"So, what do you have to do around here?"

"Where the fuck did that table come from?" I groaned, hopping up and down on one foot, holding my toes in my hands.

Sirius held back a laugh as he steadied me. "Dunno. Maybe Kreacher magicked it there to try and piss us off."

With the mention of Kreacher, the pain in my stubbed toe was forgotten. "About Kreacher...did you find anything ou-"

"MUUUMM! We're here!" Came a young adult boy's voice, and I turned towards the stairs, slightly exasperated at the interruption, but my face brightened tremendously when I realized what what happening.

"Sirius, it's the Weasleys!" I squealed, shaking his arm. "Oh my, how do I look? First impressions count!"

"You look fine. Go on and meet them." Sirius laughed, pushing me forward lightly, and I ran towards the stairs, but just as I was about to hop off the last step, my foot caught on it and I face planted.

Right in front of someone's shoes.

"Fucking ow. Ow, that hurt so bad." I groaned loudly, then snapped to attention, just before the curtains to a portrait flew open. Fuck.

A loud, horrible screeching, blood curdling shriek rang through the house. The old woman was drooling, her eyes were rolling, the yellowing skin of her face stretched taut as she screamed, and I grimaced, remembering her as Walburga Black.

"Filth! Scum! By‐products of dirt and vileness! Half‐breeds, mutants, freaks, begone from this place! How dare you befoul the house of my fathers ‐"

Sirius came bounding down the stairs, and at the sight of him, the woman's eyes early popped out of their own sockets, and her gaze swiveled from me to Sirius, almost speechless for a moment before she began screaming again.

"YOUUUU! BLOOD TRAITOR! ABOMINATION OF MY OWN FLESH-" With one massive heave, Sirius and I pushed the curtains closed, and I rubbed a hand across my sore face.

"Sirius, I am so sorry-I tripped and-"

"It's alright Blair, maybe a better course of action would be to welcome our guests." He laughed, running a hand through his hair, and my jaw dropped as stared at him.

"They saw all of that, didn't they." I stated.

"Yes, we did." Came two voices, amusement lacing the two boys's tones.

so sorry for the slow updates, i started in-person school, and i've a bit busy with work.

please vote if you enjoyed this chapter!