[]Bus Ride[]

///

"wake up lovebirds!"

///

You walked to the gym for the practice match after school, but instead of warming up in the gym, the team was getting into a bus.

"(Y/n)-chan!" Oikawa called, waving to you.

You wiggled your fingers in a wave back to him.

You walked towards the bus and greeted three of the third years.

"What're you doing here (Y/n)-chan?" Mattsun asked.

"Idiot, she's writing another article."

You interrupted the argument.

"I thought it was a home match, so I came here." 

You sighed looking at the sky pondering.

"I don't think my mother can take me, so I might have to miss this game."

"Nonsense!" Oikawa said, waving his hand in front of you. "You're riding with us."

"Seriously? You're coach is ok with that?"

"Shittykawa! Why are you guys taking so long?!"

Iwaizumi came to the doors of the bus and saw you.

"Oh, hey (Y/n)-chan. What're you-"

"She's coming with us Iwa-chan!" Oikawa said cheerfully.

You shook your head.

"I don't wanna be a bother or anything."

Makki spoke, "Coach loves you (Y/n)-chan. You're like our personal journalist."

You pondered for a bit before agreeing and getting into the bus with the rest of the team. 

Oikawa sat down, and you sat in the seat across the row from him. As Iwaizumi was about to sit next to the setter, Oikawa shoved him off and put his legs there instead.

"I'm napping Iwa-chan! Go sit somewhere else!"

Iwaizumi scowled at him before sitting next to you.

"Sorry, Oikawa's being..."

"Shitty?" you said finishing his statement.

He chuckled.

"Yeah, shitty."

"I can hear you guys!" Oikawa whined.

Iwaizumi threw his bag at Oikawa's head, making you giggle. 

Iwaizumi admired your laugh for the thousandth time. It never gets old.

The team they were playing was an hour and a half away, so you were a little bored. Iwaizumi admired your calm expression as you looked out the window. Eventually, you dozed off, with your head at an awkward angle on your shoulder.

"She'll get a neck cramp if she stays like that Iwa-chan~"

He turned away from staring at you to see the whole team smirking at him. Iwaizumi scowled frustratedly before looking directly at the seat in front of him. He stayed like that for only a few seconds before giving into the team's hinting.

He used his arm that was furthest from you to gently tilt your body towards him, causing your head to land softly on his shoulder. 

At this point, he had forgotten about his teammates snickering around him, and just looked down at you. He leaned his head onto yours carefully, closing his own eyes along with you.

~

"Wake up lovebirds!"

You and Iwaizumi jolt awake from your sleeping at the loud voice of the captain.

"Stop yelling Trashykawa!" Iwaizumi said annoyed as he jumped up to hit him.

You rubbed your eyes and yawned, still slouching in your seat. When you took your hands away from your face, you saw a hand reached out in front of you. Iwaizumi was holding out his hand for you to take. You did, and he helped you to stand.

"Thank you." you said tiredly.

"It's nothing." he said with a smile.

You left the bus and greeted the other team at their gym.

"Oh are you the manager?" the team's coach asked.

"Oh, sorry no." you said shaking your head, "I'm from the journaling club. Would it be possible for me to sit on the sidelines somewhere?"

"Of course." he said, leading you to a seat across the court.

The game was good. You got some nice pictures, an interview from both captains, and enjoyed watching the game overall. Aoba Johsai won of course, and they bid the other team a farewell, thanking them for the game.

You and the team piled back on the bus. Rather than falling asleep again, you and Iwaizumi chatted with the rest of the team. You showed them all the pictures you took during the match. They were funny and really good to you. You cherished times like these, when you could just talk and laugh with your friends.

When you got back, the sun was already setting. It was a Friday, meaning Oikawa had to go to his father's house. 

Iwaizumi walked you home, talking pleasantly with you along the way. When it got quiet, you noticed Iwaizumi admiring the sun setting in front of him. The light reflected off of his brown-ish honey eyes perfectly, and it made his tan skin glow.

Before you could realize you were staring, he did. He looked to the side and at you. He stopped walking, and you did as well, standing across from him.

"What is i-"

"There's something I wanna tell you." he blurted.

You titled your head at him and he continued while staring downwards. 

"Uhh I just wanna say that I uh,"

He paused and looked up from the ground to meet your calming eyes. He sighed and continued.

"I wanted to give you something, b-but I don't have it with me! So... could we meet up tomorrow?"

Your eyes lit up and your lips formed a small smile.

"Sure, what time and where?"

He thought for a moment as the two of you resumed walking.

"Mmmmm, how about- oh shoot!"

You looked at him, concerned.

"What's wrong?"

"That school fair thing is tomorrow."

You sighed at your forgetfulness. They announced about a week ago that there would be a school fair on Saturday. Certain club members were assigned to stay in their club room to attract any potential transfers, or even just students who wanted to switch clubs. The fair was also just supposed to be something fun. There would be fair games to play, music, food trucks, and more.

"Wait," Iwaizumi said happily, "we could just go together! To the fair!"

Iwaizumi quickly became nervous after realizing what he said.

"I- I mean like as friends! It's not like a date or anything!"

"I wouldn't mind it being a date." you say bluntly. 

Where did all this confidence come from?

You continued to look forward, but could feel Iwaizumi's shocked gaze on you. You begin preparing for the humiliation of him rejecting your offer.

"I'll uh... pick you up at nine."

You look up slightly surprised at Iwaizumi. He had a satisfied look on his face as he walked along side you.

You both smiled at each other and continued the walk, in a comfortable silence.

///