[]Dance pt 2[]

///

"you know the words?"

///

careless whisper - george michael (slowed + reverb)

Out of all the songs in the world, this is the one they decided to play when you and Iwaizumi finally went to dance.

You were expecting it to go back to the awkward silence from before, but are pleasantly surprised when Iwa holds out his hand for you to take, with a confident but charming look on his face.

You smile back at him, gladly taking his hand. Your hands that were holding each other intertwined. 

          I feel so unsure

You easily put your free hand on Iwa's shoulder, 

          As I take your hand and lead you to the dance floor

while he casually slipped his own free hand to rest above your hip.

          As the music dies
          Something in your eyes

You lock eyes, but neither of you feel overwhelmed.

          Calls to mind a silver screen
          And all its sad goodbyes

Your gazes are both soft, while your lids are opened at the most natural position.

          I'm never gonna dance again
          Guilty feet have got no rhythm

As his feet slowly step side to side, yours follow in perfect harmony.

          Though it's easy to pretend
          I know you're not a fool

You move your gaze a bit to stare at his chest in front of you, a content smile still plastered on your face.

          I should have known better than to cheat a friend
          And waste a chance that I'd been given

Iwaizumi admires your face from this angle as well, tempted to rest his nose on your soft (h/c) hair.

          So I'm never gonna dance again
          The way I danced with you

As the song continues through the next verse, you hear a low humming coming from above you. You look back at Iwa's face, and listen to him hum along to the song.

"You know the words?" you say with a raised eyebrow, "to this old song?"

He nods with pride, "It's a classic and I'll make sure you learn every lyric to this masterpiece by the end of the school year, guaranteed."

You giggle, "You can try."

          There's no comfort in the truth
          Pain is all you'll find

Now Iwa wasn't humming along to song, rather he was mouthing along to each lyric.

          I'm never gonna dance again
          Guilty feet have got no rhythm

He wasn't actually singing though, that would just embarrass him.

          Though it's easy to pretend
          I know you're not a fool

Maybe one day when it's just the two of you, he'll sing.

          I should have known better than to cheat a friend
          And waste a chance that I'd been given

The two of you start expanding the amount of floor to use for dancing, ignoring the more frequent looks you get from others.

          So I'm never gonna dance again
          The way I danced with you

The saxophone plays, and the two of you get even more engulfed into the separate reality you've created together. 

Your hands are still intertwined, but the one you put on Iwa's shoulder has slowly moved to hold the back of his neck. Similarly, the hand he put on your waist has moved to your back, causing the space between you to slowly decrease.

          Tonight the music seems so loud

Now Iwa was really into his mouthing along, shutting his eyes every once in a while to add extra effect.

          I wish that we could lose this crowd

He carefully twirls you, making the skirt of your dress hit his legs.

          Maybe it's better this way
          We'd hurt each other with the things we want to say

You both go back into the position you were in before, so easily it's as if it's natural for the both of you.

          We could have been so good together,
          We could have lived this dance forever

You move your fingers slightly against the back of neck, causing an unnoticeable shiver to run down his back.

          But now, who's gonna dance with me?

He moves his hand smoothly against the bottom of your back, so that almost his arm has claimed you.

          Please stay

As the last chorus played, you both inched closer and closer to each other, letting your hands that were clasped together to loosen. Iwa slides both arms around your waist, pulling you towards him. Your back arches a bit, and you wrap your arms comfortably around his neck. You angle your head down slightly and he does the same. Your foreheads are resting against one another's, and both of you have your eyes closed. However, you flutter your eyes open when you hear the faintest singing coming from the mouth only centimeters from your own.

          So I'm never gonna dance again, he sings ever so quietly, his soft and deep voice feeling like perfection to your ears and mind. His eyes open as well, meeting yours lovingly.

The last line, you both sing together. Neither of you are experts at singing, but somehow in this moment, both of you sound ethereal.

          The way I danced with you.

Neither of your smiles had ever left your faces, but they grew as you both sang the last lyric. The two of you simultaneously close your eyes, staying in the close position you're in, swaying calmingly as the music very slowly fades.

You both know it. Clear as day.

I'm in love.