[]Dance pt 1[]

///

"well, you're really pretty too"

///

Friday- the day of the dance. Wow this is actually happening. You're actually going to the dance with Iwaizumi. Well, also with Izumi, Akira, Hana, Makki, Mattsun, and Oikawa. But whatever. 

You exited your house, planning to meet Iwa and Oikawa at the usual spot, but to your surprise, Iwaizumi was waiting at the end of your drive. He noticed you close the door behind and gave you a smile.

"Iwa? Why'd you come all the way over here?"

He scratched the back of his neck nervously, "I just... wanted to. I won't do it anymore if you don't li-"

"No no!" you said, a little too loud and quickly, "I mean, it's... fine."

You smiled at him, and he returned it, motioning for you to stand beside him. The walk to school was a comfortable silence, since neither of you had much to talk about. You met up with Oikawa to go to homeroom then went through the day like normal. At least you thought so. Iwaizumi was actually having a hard time focusing on anything. He was too nervous for tonight. He already gets flustered over you in normal clothes, so he was worried of how he would react to seeing you in a fancy dress. Of course his friends noticed his nervousness and teased him, but he didn't mind too much.

~

Finally the day was over, and you met up with the girls at the gates again. The plan was to get ready at your house, then the boys would come by to pick you up. The girls had kept their dresses safely hidden in the locker room, so you could all go straight to your house. 

When you got there, you were surprised to see your mother's car in the drive, since she usually doesn't get home this early.

"I'm home!" you call as you open the door, letting your friends in, "I brought Akira, Hana, and Izumi."

Your mom popped her head in from the kitchen.

"Hey girls! Go get ready for your dance, but don't leave before I can take any pictures. Oh and (Y/n), I'll need one of you and your boyfriend."

You blushed and stiffened as your friends giggled beside you.

"He's not my boyfriend!"

"Yeah, yeah," she teased, before pointing at your three friends. "I'm holding you guys accountable; make sure she dances with Iwaizumi."

Hana saluted with a grin while the other two nodded.

"We won't let you down (L/n)-san." Akira says.

She smiles and shoos you towards the stairs, and you all go up to get ready.

~i'm too lazy to write about you putting on a dress and makeup ._.

"You passed her house Mattsun."

"Oops!"

Mattsun swerved the car around for a speedy u-turn.

"Sorry 'bout that."

He looked back and saw Oikawa and Iwaizumi clinging to the seats, and Makki next to him had pure fear in his eyes.

"Dude," Makki says, "you almost flipped the car."

Mattsun scoffed, "You guys are just dramatic."

The boys got out of the car, agreeing to never let Mattsun have the wheel again, and walk up to your front door. Iwaizumi knocked and the door swung open almost immediately, revealing your mother with excited eyes.

"Girls, they're here!" she calls to the stairs. 

The boys all introduced themselves, besides Iwaizumi.

"Ohhhh yes (Y/n)'s told me about all of you."

Then she motioned the boys to come in. She instructed them to take lots of pictures, since she had to leave for a work thing at the moment.

"I'll see you later (Y/n)!" she yells.

A muffled response comes from upstairs and your mother waves the boys goodbye before leaving.

Soon, the sound of heels clacking down the stairs was heard, and the boys looked over. They saw all four of you in your dresses and had to hold back the urge to drool.

Hana was already dragging Oikawa out the door, Akira and Mattsun follwed, Izumi rolled her eyes as Makki kissed her hand dramatically, and then the two of them left too.

This left you and Iwaizumi together. He couldn't stop looking at you, not in the 'checking you out' kinda way. He was eventually snapped out of it when you took a couple steps toward him. You adjusted his tie, which had been crooked due to Mattsun's driving.

"You look ni-"

"You're really pretty."

Your eyes widen and you look up at him, with your hands still on his tie.

"Really?"

He blushed slightly and nodded, making you giggle.

"Well, you're really pretty too."

Pretty? Did i just call the guy I like 'pretty'?

Brushing off your mistake, you take Iwa's hand and go to the car where the rest of the crew was waiting, not noticing the huge blush spread across his whole head.

"C'mon lovebirds!" Makki called, earning him an elbow in the side from Izumi.

The ride there was short, so there weren't any chances for it to be awkward or silent. You were all close friends, so it's not like that could happen anyways. Unfortunately for you guys, Makki was somehow an even worse driver than Mattsun.

"Quit it Makki, you're messing up the girls' hair!"

Just as he was about to run into a mailbox, Izumi reached across from the passenger and grabbed the wheel, swerving the car towards safety. Somehow you were right across from the school gates now- alive. Izumi and Makki stayed in the car a bit longer, since Izumi wasn't done scolding him yet.

After giving the staff your tickets, Mattsun and Akira come up with a well-thought out excuse to separate from the group. Hana and Oikawa say they need to pee then sprint away(cuz Hana's a queen who can run a marathon in heels).

"Soooo..." Iwaizumi says, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Oh no," you say, waving a finger, "we aren't doing this."

He raises an eyebrow, "Doing what?"

"Being awkward, I won't allow it. Now come on!"

You grab his wrist and pull him to the dance floor, where your friends are already dancing enthusiastically to some random 2000's bop. As you pulled him there, the upbeat song stopped, and was replaced by a slow song.