22: the morning after

you shut your eyes open staring blankly at the ceiling, tears suddenly began to fall; "was it just a dream?", you asked.

but it felt too real. the pain that you're feeling, it all felt too real. 

as you wipe away your tears, you got out of bed, and went to the kitchen. then you saw all these soju bottle from the ground.

and then it hit you. it wasn't a dream after all...

you cleaned the mess you've made last night, then went to shower afterwards. as you step out of the shower it felt like you were just dragging your feet. every step you took becomes heavier. 

but you knew you just had to get out of the house. being locked up in your room would drive you mad. 

you were about to go out, but you can't feel your phone inside your pocket. so you looked for it by the bedroom, it was by the dresser. you opened your phone to look at the time, and to your surprise, you haven't changed your lock screen yet. it was still you and him.

you didn't really bothered changing it.

so you took your bag, your car keys, and headed out. you really don't know where you're going. you just don't want to stay at the apartment. memories that night floods your head. you just need to relax and take a breather whenever you feel that you need one.

as you were driving, Mingyu was calling you.

(on the phone)
: yeoboseo?

Mingyu: hey, where are you?

: out for a drive. why? 

Mingyu: oh, okay.

: /you chuckled, you sound disappointed Gyu. why? what's up.

Mingyu: nothing really. was just going to ask you to hang out.

: do you want to? i can pick you up.

Mingyu: really? 

: /you chuckled, really. so, where do you want me to pick you up?

Mingyu: by the dorm. i'll send you the address. 

: okay. i'll be there in half an hour.

Mingyu: okay, i'll just get ready. see you! and drive safe.

: i will. see you Gyu. /then you hang up

as you were typing the address to your phone, you then remembered... what if Soonyoung was there? what if you saw him? what if he wanted to see you? what if he wants to talk? all these what if's flood your mind.

you suddenly feel your heartache. just the thought of you might see him brings you to tears. you really don't want to see him. but at the same time, you were hopeful you'd see him. 

it's confusing right? even i'm confused.

after driving for half an hour, you arrived at their dorm so you texted Mingyu.