Chapter 1

Little Things ( A Niall Horan Love Story )

Chapter 1

Carrie's POV

An icey wind buffeted me roughly as I made my way across yet another street, covered in snow. It's Texas, and there's over a foot of snow. So weird. Anyways, whatever. I shivered, and shoved my hands deeper into my pockets, trying desperatly to keep warm, even though I was wearing no coat.

I had on a pair of blue skinny jeans, and a slightly darker blue, short sleeve shirt, and a pair of black and white converse. And nothing else. I was freezing. And I had absolutely no idea why I was even out here in the first place.

My "father" hadn't really said very much when I got home. He just got the point across that I wasn't under any circumstances, welcome in that house anymore. He didn't even give me the chance to pack anything or even put my coat back on. He practically threw me out the door, cursing at me the whole time.

I knew that there was no point in arguing with him, because he'd just do whatever he wanted to anyway. He always had. That's just the way it was. And the way that it would probably always be.

I was just extremely confused as to what on earth I could have done that would warrant me being kicked out of my own home. I mean, I knew my father hated me, but I hadn't done anything wrong. Not that I knew of anyway. Though it was obvious that I had done something wrong. I just didn't know what.

A car passed me, and I jumped back as it threw up more snow in my wake. God I was so cold. And it was starting to get dark out. I knew I was going to have to find something to eat soon. And even more importantly, I needed to find a warm place to sleep. I knew that if I slept outside, I would probably catch hypothermia. I needed help, and I knew it.

There were buildings up ahead, and I wondered how I was going to be able to avoid people. I didn't want anybody to call the police, because they would just stick me in an orphanage, or foster care until I was 18. And even worse, they would probably throw my father in jail. I loved my father very much, even after all of the things that he had done to me.

As I drew closer to the town, I tried to keep as close to the shadows as possible, cause' let's face it, a small 16 year old girl out in the snow without a coat on was bound to draw some sort of attention.

I was now in town, and even though I was keeping to the shadows, I still saw a few heads turn as I passed by. As I passed an alleyway, I heard a couple of guys whistle in my direction, and I automatically picked up my pace.

After a few minutes I decided to chance a glance behind me. I felt my whole body tense up when I saw that two men appeared to be following me. And I was more than willing to bet they were the same men who had whistled at me earlier.

They saw me looking back in their direction and waved at me, grinning grotesquely. I shuddered and broke out into a flat sprint. But I was very hindered considering the fact that I was trying to run in almost a foot of snow. So yeah, I really wasn't making any kind of progress or going any faster than before.

I glanced behind me again, and almost cried out when I saw how much closer those two guys were. I started looking around me for a store or anything that was open. No such luck. The snow was too deep for anyone to even really be out in it. I mean, obviously you could drive, but who would want to go anywhere on a day like this, when they should be home with their family.

So basically I was screwed.

Liam's POV

After calling Mr. Enders to let him know when we were going to arrive, I called all the boys together for a meeting. The situation did not look good, and we had to be clear on every aspect of the plan.

Zayn was the first one to enter the hotel room, after I texted all of them. He looked at me, his question written all over his face.

" Hey, Li, what's going on? Are we all set? " he asked, after he found a bed to collapse on.

I grimaced, but nodded. " Yeah, we're defenetly going to pick her up tonight, but there are some things we all need to discuss before we leave, " I paused, as I heard Niall's voice carrying down the hallway, " Let's wait and I'll explain when the others get here".

Zayn nodded, a calm and somehow, calculating look on his face. We didn't have to wait long, though. Within a minute, Harry, Niall, and Louis all bombarded into the room, and were soon lounging all over the place. Which was standard procedure for most meetings.

Once everyone was settled in, I cleared my throat and they all looked at me expectantly.

" So. Mr. Enders isn't happy about this at all, but he knows we've got him cornered. He knows he'll go to jail if he doesn't comply with us. But, I think we should head over to their house soon, because I'm afraid of what he could possibly do to her when she gets home from school. He could hurt her. And we can't let that happen, " I said, my voice ringing with determination.

Louis spoke up then. " Well, what are we waiting for?! That man is not going to hurt my cousin! Let's go! " He started to stand up, but I cut him off quickly.

" Lou, I know you're worried about her, but let me remind you that she's lived like this her whole life. So, we need to be careful about this. We don't want to scare her away, so please, when we get there, for the love of...for the love of...oh for the love of whatever it is that you love, just be calm! " There were many things that Lou loved, so I couldn't narrow it down to just one thing.

But, Louis seemed to understand anyway, because he did appear to be a bit calmer, though he still looked worried. Which was unusual for him. He really must care about her.

Niall spoke up then, from his perch on the window sill. " You don't really think he'd hurt her do you, Li? I mean, he knows what'll happen if he does. "

As he was saying this, he was working his way through an enormous bag of chips.

I responded, keeping my emotions in check, " Ni, I'm just not sure. He might try to hurt her just to see what we'll do. Just to piss us off. We can't trust this man. " Harry and Zayn we're whispering quietly to each other, but when I cleared my throat again, they both looked up at me.

Harry said, slowly, " Liam, we all agree that we can't trust this man. I think you've made that pretty clear, " he paused for a moment and then confined, his voice stronger, " So, I think we should really just go pick her up directly from her school. That way, when we get to her house, we can make sure she doesn't get hurt. And we can help her pack. "

I couldn't argue with that so I just nodded and said, " Alright. Let's go get Carrie. "