Chapter 33

My eyes fluttered open, arms flying up to cover them again soon after. Throbbing waves of pain shot through my head as I slowly blinked up at the bright morning sun that shone through the red curtains of my room. I would have laughed at myself for making the same useless promise, if it hadn't been for the painfully dry state of my throat. God, this is horrible.

I tiredly turned my body around, freezing as my eyes zoned in on the person that laid beside me under the duvet. My eyes went wide and it all too quickly started coming back to me. It was Daniel. It had been Daniel all along...

A ragged breath slipped past my lips as my eyes slowly traced over him, peacefully sleeping next to me.

Seeing him like this, our faces only inches apart, brought a soft tint of red to my cheeks. He looked so untroubled, so relaxed, I doubted if it truly was Daniel laying in front of me.

My lips curved up as a wave of his dark hair fell over his forehead. Ever so slowly I reached out, the tips of my fingers buzzing as they trailed against his skin. The headache slowly started fading away and as it did, my smile quickly got replaced by a frown.

How on earth did we even get here?

"Good morning"

I flinched at his voice, my hand quickly flying away from his face. He was awake.

"Don't stop", he mumbled softly and without opening his eyes, he placed my hand back to his cheek. My lips parted as he snuggled his face deeper into the pillow. Who on earth was this dude and what did he do with Daniel?

When his eyes finally opened, I found myself drawing in a breath. No glare, no frown or scowl, just his deep brown eyes staring back into mine as a smile warmed up his face. Yet again, all words had left me.

He chuckled and I did nothing but blink. A glare was easy. A snarky comment was even better, but this? What on earth was this?

"How are you feeling?" he asked and it was like the question finally drew my body out of its pause.

"How did we get here?" I questioned him, my voice hoarse.

As the smirk on his face grew, so did the pout on my face.

"I had a nice time babysitting your ass"

The party (Daniel's p.o.v.)

I pulled back and she just stared at me with her big eyes, not saying a single word. Was she disappointed it was me?

Shit, I shouldn't have kissed her. Good fucking job, Daniel..

"Can you say something, please?" I begged her softly and yet again, she just blinked her eyes. What on earth am I supposed to do now??

Suddenly the confusion on her face disappeared, a glare taking its place.

"Ella, I-"

"You've been an asshole to me for months. What the fuck were you thinking that would do?" she jabbed an angry finger at me, almost stumbling back.

Great. Not just an angry Ella but a drunk one as well...

I sighed, pushing a hand through my hair. This was just absolutely perfect.

"Camouflage?" I answered her.

"Still, you should have been nicer to me", she crossed her arms and looked away. She was right and I knew it. I didn't know what I had been doing. Hell, did I ever?

I took a step closer, glad when her eyes met mine again. "How can I make it up to you?"

"I don't know, get creative", she grinned before sticking her tongue out.