Chapter 45

The text this morning had come rather early and to say I was nervous would be a major understatement. I entered the train station and took a deep breath. Yes, they had told me to go to the train station and I was honestly just relieved it was a public place. Nothing dangerous could happen to me here, right?

-I'm there –

I texted and nervously looked around. Even though I found nobody looking my way, I couldn't get rid of that weird feeling that there were multiple eyes on me. The phone in my hand vibrated and I quickly read the text.

-Good, go to the lockers, locker 223. The code is 5839 – unknown

My god...

I really don't even want to know what's in the locker. My thoughts went absolutely crazy, even going as far as to think there might be freaking body parts in there.

I shook of that thought and cautiously walked over to room with the lockers.

Calm breaths, just calm the fuck down Ella...

Stopping at the right locker in the corner of the room, I started pressing in the code.

The little beep sounded followed by the lock opening and I quickly scanned for any bystanders, no one was in the room with me. Alright, here goes nothing...

Quickly swinging open the locker, my brows scrunched together as all I found was a big envelope with a note to it. No body parts... That's good right?

Some secrets are best to be kept secret, don't you think?

Yeah, that sentence really scares me...

I walked over to one of the benches in the room and hesitantly tore open the envelope.

Wait, these are medical records by the looks of it and a birth certificate? Why the hell would they give me that?

I scanned some more through the pages until my focus stopped on a certain paper. Adoption papers?? What the fuck is this?

My gaze quickly went to the name at the bottom of the page and my eyes instantly widened. No way... This can't be real...

This document certifies the adoption of Daniel Sanders by Henry Sanders and Melissa Sanders.

I honestly had no words for this. What the fuck do I do with this?

I quickly pushed the papers back into the envelope, putting it in my purse before pulling out my phone. I just wanted to get out of here...

Walking out of the lockers room, I let out a frustrated breath as I send the text.

-This isn't fucking funny, you faked this didn't you?–

-I didn't fake them Ella. So now you know I suggest there will be no disobedience from your part – unknown

I can't believe this... He loved his dad, the amount of times he told me how proud he was to be their son just makes this all the more heartbreaking. I can't tell him this, it shouldn't even been put in my hands...

-Fine, I'll listen–

I send the text and froze in my spot as I looked up, surprised to see a pair of familiar brown eyes staring at me. Shit...

"Daniel?" I looked at him confused as he stepped my way, his features set sharply.

How did he know I was here? He usually sleeps in on weekends when he doesn't come over so this doesn't make any sense? Unless...

"Did you follow me here?" I asked with a frown on my face and his quick answer made me huff "Yes, I did"

Why would he do that? I thought he trusted me? "Are you serious right now?"

He grabbed my hand and started dragging me out of the station as if I was some stupid disobedient child and I wasn't having any of it.

I pulled me hand from his grip and he turned to me with a sigh "Yes, you've been acting weird for quite some time and I'm sick of you not telling me anything so tell me, what were you doing here?"

Shit

I can't tell him why I was here...

When I didn't immediately answer, his glare narrowed on me "And don't even think about lying"

Fuck fuck fuck....

I exhaled and focused my eyes on the floor. What could I possibly say without making a huge lie out of it.

"Let's go", he roughly grabbed my hand again but this time I knew I shouldn't push.

"Daniel, ple-"

"Shut up ella", his snarl interrupted me and I couldn't to anything else than let him drag me. I hate this, fucking hate it...

The drive to my house was dead silent and it felt horrible. The sight of his knuckles turning white from gripping the wheel had told me this wasn't just one of our small fights either, this was serious. I really want to tell him but how can I? I'm not even sure if it is a hundred percent true, I want to talk to Jacob first before I even consider telling him this...

The door opening at my side made me snap out of my thoughts and I hesitantly stepped out of the car. He walked me to the door in pure silence and just as we stopped at the door he spoke, his eyes not even coming up to meet mine "I'll see you at school"

"Daniel wait", I tried as he turned his back to me.

"No, not now", I wanted to stop him again but I didn't. He needed his space and I could understand that but fucck, what am I going to do now...

His car back out of my driveway and I really felt like just screaming my poor lungs out. What the fuck does this person want from me?

Getting inside the house, I angrily slammed the door shut. How am I going to fix this, if there's even any fixing this.

"Hey, I was just go-", Sophia walked into the hallway and stopped when she found me leaning against the door "You okay?"

"I'm okay, just really tired", I didn't like lying to my friend but I couldn't exactly explain it either, now could I?

"Alright, I was just gonna go home and get some stuff, talk to mom maybe. I might stay over at Sarah tonight but I'll let you know", I quickly put on a smile as came closer with a bag in her hand.

"Sure, just let me know", I opened the door for her and she quickly gave me a wave before I closed the door back behind her. I really wish I could tell them all, I really need help...

A thought came to mind and I quickly send out two texts.

-Hey Oliver, can you come over? I'm not really sure what to do..-

-I told you I would listen but what do you want from me?

I send the text, the second one instantly receiving a reply.

-Many things but firstly, like I already told you before, I want you to end things with Daniel – unknown

-But why? What did I ever do wrong to you??

I just want to know this persons motive...

-I have my reasons, little rose– unknown

I stared at the message in shock, a lone tear slipping from my eye.

No.

There's only one person that called me that...

-Nathan?–