Chapter 39

Two months have passed since we went on the camping trip and well... Stuff has been going in waves, big hectic waves.

Daniel and I went from being the biggest enemies to lovers back to hating on each other to eventually kissing and making up. It was crazy. One thing that did stood out was that he indeed had a hard time explaining how he felt, even more so in a group. I didn't expect that much in my opinion but whenever someone would ask something about us, he would just casually disregard the matter and that slowly started to drive me nuts. More so because his actions always told the exact opposite of what he voiced out, especially when we were alone. When we were alone it was as if he felt comfortable enough to be his complete and true self. It all worked out though, with great difficulty sometimes but it worked.

The threats had quiet down as well and no more rumors went around. I can't describe how happy I was with that but it didn't take away the uneasiness I still felt with the situation. I had texted back after Daniel had gotten that text but neither him nor I had received another text. I still hadn't told Daniel about the texts though, I'm not sure why but since they had stopped anyway, I didn't really feel the need to tell him.

But then, my dad...

I had told Daniel the story about how he left us when I was seven and I had cried for hours. Not once had he let me go as he sat through all my bad moments. He told me about the situation with his dad and that even though he did wrong, he was still my dad. I believed in that but about a week okay, the bastard convinced me to go get lunch with my dad and I stupidly agreed.

Why? The fucker could tell me the sky was purple and I'd happily nod and jump in his arms. Yes, I'd gotten that bad. That's what the fighting and making up did. It was absolutely thrilling and it pushed us even closer together.

"You okay there?" his hand on my back suddenly made me look up.

"I'm fine" Lie. I wasn't. I was stressed as fuck.

"No, you're not", he went to stand between my legs as I sat at the kitchen table and pulled me in for a hug "Everything will be fine, okay? Just one call and I'll come pick you up"

He really became my safe space.. I snuggled in deeper as I tried to enjoy these last few minutes before we had to leave. I really didn't want to do this but it was too late to back out now, not that he would let me. Sometimes he could go all alpha male on me and even though I always fought him back, I can't deny it made me clench my thighs every single damn time. What can I say, him taking charge was just a big turn on.

"And I've got ice cream and movies ready just in case", Sophia walked into the kitchen, making me chuckle with her statement. Her parents were still going through the divorce and things were getting quite rocky. I told her multiple times she shouldn't be scared to just tell the others but her answer from yesterday really hit straight to my heart. Her dad was quite an important business man in town and she and her mother, regardless of what he had done, didn't want him to loose his career he had worked so hard for. He was still her dad and that much I could understand. So, for the past months she had casually been staying over.

"You guys are the best", I told them and I felt Daniel pull back, making a frown come to my face "It's time to go", he reminded me and chuckled when I pouted at him.

"Come one", he pulled me off the chair and had to drag me to the car, even put me in as all I just wanted to do was run inside and watch some movie or something. I didn't want this, didn't even need it either.

He reassuringly grabbed my hand as we drove out of my street and I felt my heart beating in my chest. It will probably just be hella awkward, definitely when you take in our last encounter from a few months back.