Chapter 43

That Friday, Alex's parents had finally left the house again and I think you all know what that meant.

It had been a little while since we all let a little loose and just had fun. Certainly with the text that had come back, I needed to relax for a little bit.

Together with Ashley, Sophia, Oliver and Alex I sat on the couch as most of us were just chuckling at Matthew's ranting.

"Like, she's not even trying to hide it", he commented angrily, his gaze fixed on his sister who stood on the other side of the room. She was talking to a guy from our year but it was very obvious that the guy was interested, she wasn't. It was clear to everyone, except for Matthew.

"She might as well just suck him off right there", he added and I just couldn't keep it together anymore.

"Yeah, as if you wouldn't freak out then", Oliver tried with a straight face as Sophia hid in his side, probably finding this just as funny as I did.

"Isn't your sister allowed to find love, Matthew?" I said after a downed my fourth cup of the night and he looked at me weirdly.

"She is, just not in the way she's doing it", he said in a pout as he pointed his finger to his sister and I just shook my head at that. What can I possibly say to that?

"Hey guys", Rachel came our way, plopping down on the sofa next to me with a bright smile on her face.

"Hey Rachel", Ashley sweetly greeted her but my eyes were glued to Sophia as she creepily smiled at her friend "You were so with a guy"

"Maybe I was", she returned the same smile to Sophia before she turned her gaze to me "And where is your boyfriend?"

"He isn't her boyfriend, remember", Oliver beat me to it before he turned back to his own girlfriend, giggling like a little drunken idiot.

"Everything alright between you two?" Rachel asked me, sounding sincerely interested. That was the thing about her, she just had this vibe of sweetness and innocence around her. Well, kinda...

"It goes in waves sometimes. I honestly don't mind that, the fights don't bother me that much but it's when he suddenly closes himself off", I explained to her and she gave me a small nod.

"That's just because he's bad at explaining how he feels and when there is a time where he knows he has to show it, he just blocks", even Oliver and Matthew nodded as she said that but that still doesn't mean I have to like it.

"That's just the way he is", Matthew spoke but his eyes kept throwing glances at his sister. Unbelievable...

"You know she isn't just gonna disappear, right?" I joked and he sat back straight into his chair, a slight pout on his face as his arms crossed over his chest.

"How about you Ashley, anything new with Liam?" Rachel turned to Ashley, wiggling her brows at her.

"I don't know, describes some", she nervously put some hair behind her ear as she said it.

"It's just complicated and I really like him bu-", she suddenly looked at me as if she realised something and it finally clicked with me as she spoke "I shouldn't whine about it, he's still your ex"

"It's alright Ashley, really", I started, a smile on my lips "I love Liam but no-"

"You what?" Shit

I hesitantly turned my head and found Daniel, staring at me with his arms tightly crossed over his chest.

"I was going to say I cared for him but as nothing more than a friend", I tried to fix and he gave me a soft nod but I could see in his eyes it had bothered him I said I loved Liam. For fucks sake, what was I thinking...