Epilogue

"Sariya..."

"Baby, wake up.."

Umungot ako at binuksan ang mga mata. "Mommy.."

She smiles and fix some strands of my hair, "Special day, baby." her eyes teared up. "A very special day."

I sat up and hug her tight, "Don't cry, mommy. Hindi naman ako ilalayo e."

"Bwesit ka. Pati kuya mo, alam kong malapit na rin 'yon magsarili, paano na lang kami?"

I chuckled and wiped the tears on her eyes, "Mommy.. kung makaasta ka naman parang itatago kami sa inyo." she hit my shoulder. "Mala-late ako sa kasal ko, mommy."

She sniffed and stood up, "Halika na. Darating na 'yung mga mag-aayos sayo."

Nakangiting tinanggap ko ang mga nakalahad niyang kamay. I bathe and cleaned myself in the shower before going out wearing a white robe.

Mommy is holding a recorder, crying. Natawa ako kahit umiinit na rin ang sulok ng aking mga mata. Umupo ako sa tapat ng malaking salamin at inumpisahan ng ayosan ng mga babae.

A beautiful white long gown is in front of us, shimmering because of the sunlight from the glass door and a white long veil.

"Close your eyes, ma'am."

Ngumiti ako at pumikit.

"RELAX, kuya. Hinga hinga din." he teased.

I loudly exhaled, "Kinakabahan pa rin ako, Rio."

"Sisiputin ka non. Mahal ka e."

My eyes settled on the church door where she will enter any minute now. My body tensed more when the piano started to play.

'What day is it? And in what month?'

It's the song where I first touched her. The first time I danced with her.

I smiled at my daughter who's holding a pink basket that's full of flowers. After her was Gael holding the wedding rings.

'This clock never seemed so alive..'

Next, Nathan is smiling at me, holding Menerva on his arms. He mouthed 'kaya mo yan' and then they parted.

'I can't keep up and I can't back down..'

Carli came next, smiling too.

'I've been losing so much time..'

Gabriel and Fe walk next and so on.

'Cause it's you and me and all of the people with nothing to do..'

I immediately teared up when she entered the church. I bit my lip to stop myself from crying but my tears betrayed me.

'Nothing to lose'

'And it's you and me and all of the people..'

She smiled at me. I exhaled again but it's not working.

'And I don't know why, I can't keep my eyes off of you...'

Using the back of my hand, I dried the tears on my face and the sweats in my forehead.

'All of the things that I want to say just aren't coming out right..'

'I'm tripping on words..'

'You've got my head spinning..'

'I don't know where to go from here..'

Pinilit kong tumayo ng tuwid kahit nanghihina na ang aking mga tuhod at gusto ng bumagsak. In just one blink, she's in front of me in the arms of her parents.

'Cause it's you and me and all of the people with nothing to do..'

'Nothing to lose..'

"Please.. don't hurt my daughter again, that's all I can wish for."

I let out a short laugh and nod at her father, "Yes, sir."

'And it's you and me and all of the people..'

"It's dad and mom for you."

I smiled at her mom, "Yes, mom."

'And I don't know why, I can't keep my eyes off of you..'

They gave me her hands making my heart swelled. She reached for my cheeks and wiped my tears. Mahina akong natawa.

'What day is it? And in what month?'

"Ang guwapo guwapo mo." basag ang boses niyang sabi.

'This clock never seemed so alive..'

Sa isang iglap ay natagpuan ko na lamang siyang nagsasalita hawak ang isang makinang na singsing.

"–I offer you myself. My everything. I, Sariya February Quervas, take you, Rago Ken Marquez, to be my lawfully wedded husband. From this day forward, for richer, for poorer, for better, for worst, for sickness and in health... to have and to hold, to love and to cherish, 'til death do us part.." dahan dahang isinuot niya sa kanang kamay ko ang singsing na mas ikinaiyak ko pa.

"Mahal na mahal kita." she whispered.

I stopped myself from sobbing, "That night I danced you, I was the happiest man alive." my tears fell on my cheeks. "Thanks to my sister for that and darn for Rio for ruining that chance of mine." she laughed same with the guest. "Baby.. I was solid as rock but you turned me into something that I didn't know I can be. You made me the better version of myself." kahit may belo ay hinaploas ko ang pisngi niya. "

"Nagkaproblema sa parte ko kaya kailangan kong ayosin 'yon. I knew you'd left me but I'm not ready for it... and you did. Walang araw ang lumipas na hindi ako pumupunta sa bahay niyo ng lasing at hinahanap ka." I laugh softly. "Your brother said you're in Spain at ako naman itong si tanga pinahanap ka. Then your mom, knocked my senses back. She told me to wait for you that you'll be back."

"Hindi madali pero inayos ko ng unti unti 'yung sarili ko kahit alam kong basag parin ako kasi wala ka e." my voice broke. "Then you came back, with our child. Baby, I thought, the idea of you coming back will make me happy but... I felt ecstatic because you brought her to me." I looked at our daughter and to her again. "I know I'm not perfect but I'll try my best to become the husband and father, you and Keniya need for the rest of your lives." kinuha ko ang singsing sa hawak ni Gael na maliit na lagayan.

"Baby, I offer you myself. My everything." I swallowed a huge lump on my throat. "I, Rago Ken Marquez, take you, Sariya February Quervas, to be my lawfully wedded wife. From this day forward.. for richer, for poorer.. for better, for worst... for sickness and in health.. to have and to hold... to love and to cherish, 'til death do us part..." nanginginig kong isinuot sa kanyang kanang kamay ang singsing.

Nag angat ako ng tingin sa kanya. Her face is full of tears while looking at the ring I put.

"I love you so much more, Sariya."

"I now pronounced you, man and wife." the priest smiled at us. "You may now kiss the bride."

Kagat ang labing hinarap ko si Sariya. Hinawakan ko ang magkabilang dulo sa harap ng belo at dahan dahan iyong itinaas. I smiled at her before claiming her lips. I can hear the people clapping and cheering for us but I can't seem focus on them.

I kiss her slowly because I want to spend this rare kind of time with her. After that kiss, I hug her so tight.

"I love you, baby. My Sariya. My life..." a tear fell on my eye again. "My wife.."

—THE END.