tweenty-three

Natalie POV

After series of arguments with Emman thank God he allowed me to go back in Italy alone. He wanted to come with me but I don't want to disturb him. I already took so much of his time and I know he's taking the problem between me and my dad. I don't want to cause to much burden to him.

I just recently arrived and I went straight to my apartment. As I get in, I inhale the familiar scent that I missed much. Though it's hard for me to leave this place but I need to I already made a promise to Emman and his family. I will asked Brandon to take care of my apartment or if someone want to lease or buy it.

I went inside the bathroom and cleaned myself since I need to process everything sooner as possible, I don't want Emman to me think that I am hesitate to comeback.

I pick up new sets of clothes and groom myself. I look at myself in the mirror as I combed my hair.

 I look at myself in the mirror as I combed my hair

I went outside and made way to the hospital. I look back as I feel someone is watching or following me. I grab my car keys in my bag quickly since I feel really really weird.

It took twenty minutes for me to reach the hospital and I went immediately to Brandon. But his secretary said that he went out. I took my phone and called Brandon where did that brandy go at this moment.

"Where are you?" I asked him as he answered my call.

"Eh your here bestie?" He asked me.

"Yup! And I went immediately to your office but sadly your not here! Where were you?" I asked him

"Oh I am in cafe that we used to hangout. Come here now!" He said to me.

I hang up and went to the cafe immediately.

As I opened the door I saw Brandon waving at me grabbing my attention. I smiled as I walked closer to him. When I reached him he open his arms and we hugged tightly but i felt his body stiffened and I pull out from him.

"Hey what are you doing here?" I asked him.

But his attention still not on me and I asked him again.

"Hey what are you looking at? Why are you like that?" I asked him confused since he's eyes almost came out from it socket.

"Hey!!" I snapped to him.

"It's just that someone in your back like literally a man whose handsome like a male alpha is looking at me more on like glaring at me or shall I say shooting daggers on me. And if looks can kill, I am already buried six feet now!" He said in a shaky and frighten voice.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" As I look in my back and this time my eyes was the one that almost came out and my jaw drop from the ground.

"Emman???" I said when I came to my senses.

But the idiot went beside and yes if looks can kill Brandon be dead by now.

"What are you doing in here?" I asked him shocked.

"So is this the reason why you don't want to come with you because you have a lover here?" He said while his eyes glaring.

"Huh?" Wait a minute! He thought that Brandon is my secret lover? This guy really is an idiot.

I smacked his head lightly and he glared at me.

"What is that for? He asked me angrily. "Your hitting me when I just witness how sweet you are with your lover?" He said again.

"Emman can you just stop please. He's not my lover for goodness sake!" I exclaimed to him.

"Then who is he? Why is he hugging you?" He said while his eyes glued to Brandon whose suppressing his laughed at this moment.

"He's my superior and my best friend!" I answered him truthfully.

"Well it's not what it's look like!" He said in a hard tone.

"Wait wait... Whose this bestie? You went far away and you came back with a handsome guy with you? Where have you been?" Brandon said dramatically making Emman snapped his attention to him like he wanted to read him. Then he look at me confused and I think he already get it.

"Emman this is my best friend Brandon and my superior also in the hospital I work and Brandon this is Emman...." Before I could finish my sentence the idiot can me off.

"Her husband!" He said while looking at me

"Whhhhhhaaaaaaattttttt?" Brandon shout loudly making all eyes snapped in our direction.

"Shout up!" I hissed at him

"You went for a leave and then you came back with a husband? Not just husband but a handsome husband? You traitor why did I not heard about this? Don't tell me you get married without me knowing? Oh my God, your such a traitor!" Brandon said dramatically

I facepalm myself since I am in a very awkward and stupid situation right now.

"I will tell you the next time we meet but for now I got to go!" I said to Brandon and he nodded his head to me. He knows my mood when I am serious and right now I am more serious.

"And you come with me!" I said to Emma as I walked away and went outside the cafe while Emman following me on my back.

I went to my car and I snapped at hi

"Get in the car!" I said to him and thank God he listened.

I drives silently until we reached in my apartment. I open my door and invite Emman in.

I crossed out my arms while I stared at him.

"So tell me why are you here?" I said to him trying to control my anger.

"Well I have a business deal here and I thought that I might pay you a visit while I am here!" He said to me while he can't look straight into my eyes.

"Tell me the truth!" I demanded him

"It's the truth, you can call my mom and dad or even Daniel!" He said while he shrugged his shoulder.