CHAPTER 29

Earlier in the day

Kolkata

"I need the best lawyer in Kolkata who would defeat my husband." Payal told the administrator .

"Best lawyer? Is it a criminal case?" He asked tapping on his pen on the fine tesk.

"Divorce." She said it flatly and the man eyed her.

"Well  I would book an appointment for you, when do you want to meet him." He asked her.

"Today itself." She was very impatient.

"What? Sorry mam but today isn't possible." He said to her truthfully.

"Oh come on it's an emergency, please let me speak to him." Payal was pleading making a puppy face and the man sighed.

"Okay I would call him." He dialed the lawyer's number.

"Hello sir." They spoke for about 10 Minutes .

"The office to the left straight away from the corridor." He spoke.

"Thank you very much Mr ..." Payal said.

"Ascar." He said. Payal nodded and headed to the office of her so called lawyer.

She knocked on the door and a faint come in was heard.

"Hi sir am payal Gupta." She said sweetly, payal was just staring at the handsome man seated on his chair.

"I am Kunal, nice to meet you." He brought his hands for a shake and Payal responded.

"So Mrs payal why do you need me to take your case." Kunal asked.

"I learnt you are the best lawyer in Kolkata and I needed you to win for me." Payal said sugar coating.

"For your information I am a criminal lawyer and why would I waste my time on divorce ." He snorted.

"Here is the papers and as far as I know the man always give half of his properties to his  divorced wife but he didn't give me a penny and I want him to pay for not doing that, that's why I want to court to punish him." She said looking in the eye of Kunal.

"Well I had to cancel an important Court session for yours since it's tomorrow and my daily appointment have been cancelled since you needed me urgently.

"Yes Mr Kunal so how much do I owe you." Payal asked.

"Ascar didn't tell you how much I charge a client." Kunal said brushing his hair with his hands.

"Nope, how much do you charge, one  crore?" She asked making him laugh.

"Miss Gupta are you kidding me? A crore, hahaha." He couldn't stop laughing.

"Those who aren't guilty and has money to pay for the best lawyer their debt would be 2.5 crore  but the criminals themselves would pay 6.4 crores if they have money and they would definitely pay it cause they need not to go to prison, and as you said am the best and I never loose." He spoke making payal cower in fear.

What the hell, she thought  one crore would do, where the hell would she get six crore plus.

"And since you want me at the short notice and besides I don't do divorce so you just give me 4 crore." He said smiling.

"Four crore? Okay let's do this I give you two crore then after the divorce then I would give you the other remaining." Payal said trying her best to bargain with him .