Ch . 4 [ Hunted ]

[Dazai and 3rd person POV]
——————-

Darkness and silence filled the air.

As well as a loud ringing in my ears. I could barley open my eyes, but I managed to get a peak of the scene that played out in front of me.

We were surrounded, engulfed by flames. I felt my cheek as it was covered in blood and debris from the explosion. Once my vision clears, I look up ahead to see six figures in my view standing about twenty feet away.

"Wow. Surprised you survived that explosion. Dazai was it? Sorry you had to get all caught up in this mess, we weren't really planning on killing you. You just happen to be in the cross fire. But hey, now that I think of it we do need you dead. We can't have you report back to your leader Mori. Taking out you would be a little difficult for us, so we will be sending someone in a bit, to clean up the mess. So take care until then!" The grey haired boy piped.

Him and his posse turned to walk out of the burning building, but then Yuan unexpectedly turned her head back to speak.

"Oh yeah! Also, you should check to see if your friend survived the explosion too. It sure would sure suck if he didn't!"

Yuan smiled, turned on her feet and skipped following the rest of her gang. 

Chuuya.

I turned my head to see the ginger boy limp on the floor. He was about ten feet away from me.

"...Chuuya-"

"Chuuya."

no reply.

"HEY!! CHUUYA!!"

Still no reply.

Dammit. I thought. I tried to perch myself up so I could walk over to him, but I had a feeling I broke my leg because there was an unbearable pain when I tried standing up.

But I tried making my way to him anyway.

I was able to balance my weight onto one leg, and limped my way ten feet over to where Chuuya had been blown back too.

"Hey Chuuya....get up."

I kicked his back a little hoping it would be enough to wake him up.

I stared down at him blankly for a few seconds waiting for a response I guess, even though I was sure he was out cold.

I collapsed down out of exhaustion. I couldn't stand anymore I was in to much pain. I rolled over on to my side and tried nudging Chuuya in the arm from behind because he was faced away from me.

"Ok Chuuya..get up now..we have to leave or this whole place will explode again."

Silence.

Now Dazai began to worry. Chuuya wasn't waking up, and Dazai had no communication with  Mafia headquarters right now, so he couldn't contact Mori on the current situation to send help.

Dazai began to panic.

He called Chuuya's name again and still no response. Dazai rolled him over to face him, and that's when he noticed the left side of his face must have got sliced up by debris because it was streaming with blood. Dazai then lifted Chuuya's head placing it on his leg.

Dazai sighed out of defeat, and rested his back and head against a large chunk of broken debris behind him. He looked up at the smoke rising to the roof, then looked down at the glass shards scattered around the floor. Then he gently patted Chuuya's head.

"Oh, Chuuya. Dead or alive, your hats are still ugly." He gave a little chuckle, then in the distance saw a hazy whiteish-purple fellow.

From what he could see, they seemed tall, slim build and had the looks of a ghost surrounded by hazy lilac fog.

The fog and smoke started clearing, and he could see the shape of the figure clearly now.

The character took out a flip phone and raised a hand up to they're ear and began in a monotone voice :

"These are the targets correct? The brunette and the ginger?"

Then the voice from the other line spoke.

"Correct. Remember the verse. Then, eliminate them."

It was Shirase.

"I'll do as commanded."

"Good. I expect excellent results. I'm counting on you to get the job done Yukko!"

There was a small beep, perhaps a hang up of a phone, and a rustling noise as being placed in a pocket.

The figure stared, then darted to the left behind a cargo and was no longer visible.

Dazai stared in shock with a look of doom plastered on his face still holding Chuuya's head in his lap.

"CHUUYA!!" Dazai screamed grabbing the boys collar. "PLEASE WAKE UP!!"

Normal, Dazai would probably be able to take them out on his own. But considering the condition he was in was so bad that he couldn't walk, he really needed his partner right now.

For the first time in his life, he actually feared death, as well of the death of another person.

——————-

A/N : aaaaaAAA hope you enjoyed that chapter, I had fun writing it :) Once again sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes, I do read through my chapters a couple times to fix stuff so it will be constantly edited. :') [this chapter was short sorry lol]