Ch. 5 [ Knives ]

tw mention of self harm
——
Chuuya slowly began to awake in Dazai's arms.

"..Your awake..!" Dazai said cheerfully.

Chuuya looked at him confused and then touched his head.

"Ow.." he groaned. Whatever hit him in the face during the explosion really left a bloody mark.

"..where are the Sheep?! What happened to us?"

"An explosive went off and blew us both unconscious. I woke up a few minutes ago and the Sheep were just taking off. It was a trap. Then I saw you across the floor, and that's where we are at now."

Chuuya looked around then at dazai.

"We're engulfed in flames.."

Then Chuuya noticed something strange. There was the hazy figure from before that just jumped in the air and was speeding down towards Dazai.

"Dazai..! BEHIND YOU!!"

Dazai swung his head around to be face to face with the figure. They appeared to have a knife in hand and were aiming it towards Dazai about to pounce on him.

Dazai looked back at Chuuya who had a shocked look on his face and without hesitation he hooked on to Chuuya's waist with his arm and pushed off with his non injured leg slamming them into a cargo on a shelf behind them to get them out of harms way.

"Hey..! Bastard what are you doing?!" Chuuya yelled aggregated from the pain reforming on the side of his head.

But Dazai didn't listen to what he said. He looked in front of them and saw a boy maybe a few years older then them, who had a lilac colored kimono on with two twin long grey braids that hung down past his stomach. He had a antique whitish looking sun hat on, which covered half of his face. His slim feminine like build, made him perfect as an assassin, making him agile and quick moving. The only thing that could be seen was his almond shaped pastel purple and blue eyes that was not covered by his hat. That were glaring at Dazai. And the shine of his dagger which reflected off the sun from a window above. In a blink of an eye he slid back and disappeared and the only thing that was to be heard was the smooth noise of his kimono sandals gliding against the floor.

Dazai turned his head quickly looking back at Chuuya that frightened him a bit.

"That person..is the gifted body guard for the GSS I was talking about early...they are trying to kill us. More specifically, trying to kill you."

Chuuya stared baffled at him looking for a reason in his eyes.

Dazai realized they didn't have a second to lose. This person was a skilled assassin, and got clear orders to eliminate them at all cost, so they weren't messing around. Dazai saw that to the right of them there was an open cargo from the side that they could take cover in for the time being and figure out a plan.

"C'mon, Let's go. Follow me."  Dazai stood up and began slowly walking towards the cargo dragging his leg and holding his arm in pain.

Chuuya tried to stand up as well then he realizes something.

As soon as he stood up a sharp piercing pain shot throughout both of his legs.

"Arghh..!"

Chuuya collasped back down on his hands and knees. Dazai turned around to look at him and stood shocked.

"What's wrong Chuuya..?"

"I can't walk..I think I might have broken my legs."

Dazai realized they were running out of time. He turned back and wrapped Chuuya's a arm around his shoulders trying to support him. The weight of Chuuya was putting pressure on his body and making his wounds hurt even more.

"Hghhh..can't you use your ability or something to make yourself lighter??" Dazai said annoyed.

"Shut up..I'm useless right now, I'm far to exhausted..my ability strains my stamina. If I used it even for something small, I'd be put in an even worse state than I am now."

They finally made it to the cargo. Dazai put Chuuya down and sat across from him. Chuuya grimaced in pain at his gashed head. The wound was getting worse and worse and if he kept loosing blood he would die soon. Dazai pulled a small roll of bandages from out his pocket.

"Come here. I have extra bandages. Your wound is getting really bad. Let me bandage it for you."

Chuuya rolled his eyes and snatched the bandages from Dazai's hands.

"Tch..I can do it myself." He unrolled the bandages and was trying to rap them around his head but the pain was awful.

"Chuuya. Just let me do it." Dazai said gentle but stern.

"Fine." Chuuya tossed the gauze back and leaned his head back towards Dazai as he mangled with his bandages.

"Ack..why so tight.." Chuuya complained irritated.

"The tighter the less blood you will loose..trust me, I know."

That's when Chuuya looked at Dazai's arms and forgot he self harms and is good with bandages and stuff. He suddenly started to feel guilty.

"Anyway," Dazai started. "We need to come up with a plan."

"Okay..well I wasn't awake for the most part, so what are you observations on their ability?"

"We know that they are advanced in acrobatics, and seem to major in sneak attacks as an assassin. Ability wise? Not quite sure yet..but because they are advanced in sneak attacks we must be on guard at all times."

Chuuya nodded and sighed leaning his head back against the cargo's walls.

"Looks like we're dealing with no ordinary ability user..this may be more difficult then I thought."

Chuuya's face looked as if he had given up on everything.

Dazai closed his eyes and sighed, then he stood up.

"Let's go I have an idea."

Chuuya gave out a little laugh. "Huh..whenever you say that it can't be good."

"Possibly." Dazai said giving a smirk extending out his hand to Chuuya helping him up.

Chuuya still could barley walk, so he wrapped his arm around Dazai's shoulder and they walked out the cargo.

They started to walk toward the middle of the warehouse. Some how the fires were subsiding so that was one less thing to worry about. Chuuya was getting a little anxious with whatever Dazai's "Idea" was but he reassured himself it be ok, because Dazai's plans always work out in the end. But the one thing that pissed Chuuya off was the fact Dazai never told the full plan till the time was right.

Dazai stopped walking. They stood in the center of the warehouse.

"HEYYY!! KIMONO BOY!! COME OUT, COME OUT WHEREVER YOU ARE!!!"

Chuuya shot a glare at Dazai and whispered : "What are you doing idiot?! Trying to get ourselves killed!?"

Dazai turned his head every so slightly and winked at Chuuya with a faint smile on his face. Chuuya looked back ahead of them and before he knew it he saw the boy.

Was his plan to use us as bait to lure the assassin in?!

A cold sweat ran down Chuuya's face. He was anxious because he knew this guy's ability was powerful. You see, Chuuya would easily been able to take this guy down, but he was in no shape to do so. And Dazai's ability wasn't really meant for full on combat so he was worried for him to and how they'd pull this off.

Then the cell phone in the boy's pocket rung again.

He flipped it open and a voice was heard from the other side.

"Don't forget the verse.." it said. The boy nodded and flip off his phone.

He gave the two boys a cold hard glare, then charged his way full speed towards them.

—————

A/N : Hope you enjoyed this chapter!! Also I wasn't trying to copy the "hearing commands through the phone thing" like how they do with Kyouka. How else was he supposed to get his commands?? Once again sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes! Cya in the next chapter <3