Ch.7 [ Ability User Y18 ]

Chuuya collapsed on the floor with a sudden thud, wincing in pain.

"CHUUY-ARgh-"

Dazai tried screaming but the unbearable pain through his whole body cut him short.

"W-what is your reason for this.." Dazai said with whatever he had left.

The boy looked at Dazai, then looked a Chuuya.

"I, Yukko, am simply a machine. I don't have a real reason. In fact, I am a government experiment just like you Nakahara." He looked down at him with the corner of his eye while Chuuya looked up at him with pain and confusion plastered on his face.

"I am ability user Y18. I was crafted by the government, so I could be it's slave. I was made to be a weapon of destruction. I also was kept in a vessel type thing until I was 18, because they believed that was the age I would be matured. And because of that I am most impossible to beat. Which is why I think you should take your friend's advice, and let me kill you now."

"Actually, I don't think I can let that happen." Dazai said standing up wobbling side to side.

"Huh? No?...well I guess I'll just have to make it happen then."

Yukko grabbed Chuuya by his collar holding him up to his chest with his knife going across him, ready to cut him open. Dazai looked at him in shocked terror, but was quick to erase his expression.

"Hmfp. Fine then. Do it." A faint smirk appeared on Dazai's lips.

"Sure."

And in a blink of an eye the knife slid across Chuuya's body slicing him open.

Dazai stood in shock, not actually thinking he would do it. Now he realized this guy wasn't playing around.

Chuuya opened his mouth to scream but nothing came out. Yukko let go of him and he fell to the floor. Dazai watched as he fell.

Something wasn't right. Dazai thought. Why didn't anything come out when he screamed?..How did he appear behind him without a noise..?

Yukko stared at Chuuya who was breathing heavily on the floor. He looked up at Dazai who was also watching him too, with a confused nervous expression on his face.

"...my ability, A Silent Night allows me to silence anything I touch up to 7 seconds without physical contact, but however long I wish with physical contact."

It all made sense now. This is how it was so easy for the boy to throw as many surprise attacks as he wanted. His ability was perfect for assassination.

What was even worse is that this wasn't an enemy Dazai could beat with just his ability. He wouldn't be able to nullify his silence because before he would be able too, Yukko would have been already standing behind him waiting to pounce.

Dazai looked back at Chuuya who realized already had his eyes shut.

"HEY!! CHUUYA WAKE UP!!" He yelled slightly irritated. Out of all the times Chuuya could pass out, this certainly was not a good one.

Chuuya had already lost so much blood, so even if he did wake him up right now he would be in no condition to fight. For the first time ever, Dazai was running out of ideas. His predictions were not going as thought.

~

The boy's cell phone rang again.

"Hey Boss. Mhm. Yeah sure. Be right there."

He shut the phone and placed it in his pocket. Then looked up at Dazai. And he glared right back.

No words were spoken. The boy jumped back on one the cargo shelves behind him, then from there jumping onto a cat walk then to a ceiling light and then finally made his way through a broken panel in the roof and disappeared. Dazai watched as he faded away like a ghost, not making a single sound.

As he got finished watching the boy disappear, he regained his attention to the other lifeless boy on the floor across from him.

Dazai stood up fully again, managing to drag himself across the floor to the boy and the distance felt wider then it was. Every step was pain. But it was worth it.

He finally made it to him, and collapsed on the floor right next to him as well. Chuuya heard the loud thump and was enough to slowly wake him up.

"Huh..what are you doing here..where's Yukko.." Chuuya said groggily.

"Ah, good your awake. For the second time; Anyway Yukko is gone, but he will most likely be back soon so we need to get a move on."

Chuuya let out an annoyed sigh. "..Didja at least find out what his ability was yet..?"

"Yeah, he can silence things that cause noise, which is why when you screamed we couldn't here it."

"Well that ability IS really suited for assassination then." Chuuya said.

He began to stand wincing in pain from his fresh new wounds, extending a hand out to Dazai.

"You said to get going, no?" Dazai took his hand and stood up as well.

"Yeah, most importantly we need to get you to the infirmary before you die of blood loss. In fact we both need to recover, I'm pretty banged up as well and without a doubt the killer is gonna be back for us."

Arms wrapped around each other, supporting each other, they walked slowly to closest exit until something beamed between them.

A red laser.

A sniper.

————————
Hope you enjoyed that chapter! It was super fun to write. Sorry for any errors and thanks again for talking your time to read! My story has been growing in views and votes, and it makes me so happy never would've thought it make it past ten,,, Means a lot <3