Chapter 3: Seven mysteries of Luna Nova

I cracked open my eyelids and slowly sat up on my bed. So this is what they call a hangover, I thought to myself as I held my head in my hands. For a moment I forgot where I was and then I remembered it– the party, the drinks and the person who took me to the bedroom upstairs. Ugh why can't I remember them, who was it? I looked around and found I was back in my dorm room. I saw Sucy sleeping and I guessed Lotte was out cold as well. I decided to go and shower since that would feel good. The cold water did make me feel better and even my headache was gone. Before going back to my dorm room, I decided to check on Amanda. I made my way over to her room and softly knocked on the door. After a while, Jasminka opened the door and came out, quietly closing it behind her. She put a finger over her lips and signaled for me to follow her away from the door.

"I guess she's still out cold?" "Yeah she's sleeping like a log, even Constanze took the longer route to reach her lab. Anyways you wanted to talk to her?" "Yeah I needed to ask her something but that can wait I guess." "Say do you like Diana?" My surprised expression told her I was caught off guard by her question. "No it's not that I like like her, I mean she's my frenemy after all but I do like her as my rival. Why? D-does she like me??" "Diana doesn't show her feelings much but whenever you're with her it's like she's a different person altogether." "Is that so?" I asked when suddenly I felt a chill and the hairs on the back of my neck rose on end. I looked behind me but the corridor was empty. "You okay?" "Yeah, yeah I'm fine. Anyways how did you bring us back?" "Well we had to ride double since Hannah and Barbara were drunk too. Also Diana took your responsibility back then and she was the one who told us you were out cold upstairs." "Diana did?" "Yeah." "Well thanks for telling me. Anyways I'll see you guys at breakfast in the cafeteria after some time." "Sure."

Diana had seen me upstairs which means she was not the person who took me to the bedroom. I'm guessing she knows who it was and I made a mental note to ask her about it later. I was so engrossed in my thoughts that I found myself right in front of the library. With nothing else to do, I entered the library and went straight to the second floor. Walking between the rows of bookshelves, scanning the books for anything interesting, I rounded the corner. Right then, I came across something that quickly caught my eye. It was just a musty old book with the cover unreadable but I knew it was not an ordinary book. The way it was lying between an odd assortment of books was what piqued my interest. I picked it up and surfed through the pages. Now this is interesting, I thought to myself as I closed the book again and placed it on one of the shelves.

By the time I reached the cafeteria all my friends were already seated around a table. "Hey guys, sup?" "Hey Akko where were you?" Asked Lotte. "I went for a shower and then decided to check up on Amanda but since she was out cold I went to the library." "Woah you went to the library? Seems like the experiment is going successfully." "Another one of you're experiments Sucy? Is this the one where you make Akko fall in love with studying?" Asked Amanda. "Yeah." While we were having breakfast, I decided to tell them about the book. "Guys I found an interesting book in the library which tells about the seven mysteries of Luna Nova."