Chapter 5: The 6th step leads to forbidden desires

"Day number three, done." "Another eleven days left Amanda," I sighed. Amanda and I were sitting on the deck of New Moon Tower after having had our dinner. "Man that first mystery was so out of proof. Say Akko where did you find that book?" "I was walking on the second floor of the library, when that book caught my eye. It was kept among an odd pile of books." "Do you know what the second mystery is??" "Yeah, it's about the sixth step of some staircase which takes you to a different world." "Woah for real?!" Exclaimed Amanda. "Yeah, but it's supposed to work only after 2 p.m on the 7th of April." "Wait isn't 7th of April today?" "Yeah it is. But how will we find it? There are a lot of staircases in the academy and even if we did manage to find it, there'd be no time left to call the others. It's already 10 right now." "Well we can't say that even before trying. Let's just start from New Moon Tower." Amanda got up and saddled her broom. Doing the same thing, we both went down towards the entrance of New Moon Tower and got off our brooms. Entering the tower, we made our way to the base of the stairs, keeping our brooms on the side of it.

"What are you two doing?" Asked a cold voice. We turned around to find Sucy and Jasminka walking towards us. "We're looking for the second mystery," replied Amanda. "You two never learn do you?" Sighed Sucy. "It's an event that'll only occur today, so why not help us in finding it?" Asked Amanda. The four of us then climbed the steps upto the 6th one. Suddenly a low rumbling could be heard within the walls of the central pillar. It went on for a few minutes and then stopped suddenly. When all was quiet again, a section of the wall in the central pillar opened up to reveal a hidden room. "No way, it's the hidden room of New Moon Tower." "What's that supposed to mean??" Asked Amanda. "It's the third mystery," I replied.

"The four of them haven't come back yet Diana, we're really worried about them," said Lotte. While the four of them were searching for the steps, Lotte and Constanze approached Diana to help in finding them. "Where might they be, do you have any idea??" Asked Diana. "If Akko is with them, then all of them have to be at New Moon Tower." "Did you say New Moon Tower?" As Diana was consoling the worried girl, she quickly glanced towards an open book kept on her desk. The pages were thin and on the verge of crumbling to dust while the words were rather unreadable but still Diana could make out some of them 'Hidden...Moon...Tower.' "So this is the hidden room??" Asked Amanda while examining the place. The four of us entered the room to find four shelves stacked with leather bound books up to the top. A large round table was kept in the centre of the room with eight chairs around it. All of us started to examine the books when something caught my eye. It was shining a bright purple and I slowly made my way towards it. "Hey guys come here and see this," I said. As I pulled out the book, it's shine got much brighter. All of them surrounded me and I opened the book. Suddenly the room brightened up and we were blinded by the bright light. The last thing which I heard was someone calling out my name before everything went dark.

"Akko!!" Shouted Diana as the whole room lit up and the four friends got sucked into the book. The lighting came back to normal after a few minutes and Diana, Lotte and Constanze found the room to be empty. "What happened to them? They were here just a second ago?" Asked Lotte. "It's the forbidden book, the fourth mystery of Luna Nova. It is said that this book was hidden away somewhere deep inside the tower to keep it from students finding it. This book is dangerous as it feeds on the desires of the people who are trapped  inside of it." "What do you mean by desires of the people?" "The dreams which people cannot fulfill are what they desire the most. Let's see what those four want the most." The three of them entered the room and Diana picked up the book. Well then let's do this, she thought as she opened up the book.