Chapter 8: The disappearance of the two witches

"Finally it's over," I sighed as I made my way towards my dorm. "Hey Akko could we take a little detour??" Asked Amanda. "Ugh...yeah sure." Both of us made our way towards the courtyard and sitting on the grass looked up at the starry sky. "Akko, Jasna told me that a few days ago you came to talk to me but I was out cold, what was that about??" "Yeah I know. There was something I wanted to talk to you about. Say Amanda, does Diana really like me?" "Huh?!" "Well you told me she likes me on the day of our nightout." "Oh yeah, I heard her telling one of her sidies how she was into you." "Oh." "So you like her too?" "I don't know. Lately I've been thinking about someone else, I mean she's my friend and I don't like her in that way but she's been on my mind lately." "Oh is that so?" She smirked. "And also I wanted to tell you about a dream I had. I don't know if it really happened or not but to me it felt too real to be a dream."

Looks like they aren't back yet. Well I'll just study for the upcoming class test thought Diana when someone suddenly knocked on the door. Diana opened it up to see a worried Ms Finnelan. "Is something wrong, Ms Finnelan??" "Well I wanted to know if Hannah and Barbara were back because I can't find them anywhere." "They wouldn't just leave without informing me first. Rest assured I'll help you look for them." "That would be great Diana." Ms Finnelan told Diana everything about the task she had given to her roommates and where they could be at the moment. As Diana made her way towards the storage room, she saw Akko and Amanda sitting outside in the courtyard.

"Hmm...seems like she remembered that one promise. But that doesn't rule out the possibility that she knows what happened." "What should I do?" "Well just ask her about the flower girl Sucy. You were anyways about to kiss her, might as well just be direct." "Hey that mouth to mouth was actually needed at that time." She smirked which somehow made my cheeks burn. "What are you two doing out so late at night??" We both turned around to see Diana standing behind us. "Well we were just talking. What about you?" "Hannah and Barbara are missing so I was looking for them." Want us to help you too?" "Yeah we'll help you look for them." "Okay." The three of us made our way to the storage room and went inside. "Woah it's so dark." Diana whipped out her wand and illuminated the dark room a little. "Hey Akko look isn't that the portrait with no face?" Said Amanda while pointing at a painting in front of us. "Wait it does have a face, look the moonlight is illuminating the rest of the portrait," I said as we looked at it with awe while little by little the portrait became fully recognisable. "I'm thinking someone used illumination magic while working on this piece." The three of us split up and searched the entire room but couldn't find them anywhere.

"H-hannah are you okay?" "I'm fine Barb but I don't think I can stay up any longer." "I can hear people outside, we just need to make a little more noise." "Yeah all right." Although the two girls were weak due to exhaustion they managed to make enough noise to get Diana's attention. The last thing they saw was their friend's face before they lost consciousness. "What the hell happened to them?!" "Hurry we need to get them to the nurses' quickly." "I'll carry Hannah, you two get the other one," said Amanda before picking up Hannah in bridal style. At the infirmary the two witches were sleeping peacefully in their beds. "Will they be okay??" I asked Diana. "The nurse said that they're just exhausted. A good rest is certainly what they need right now." "Then we'll come visit tomorrow morning." Diana just nodded her head while we left the infirmary. "What happened to them?" Asked Amanda. "Beats me, but we'll certainly get to know when we come back tomorrow." The next day all of us visited them and found out about the sixth mystery, the extra corridor which was supposed to seal powerful witches. They both got stuck in there by mistake and got exhausted due to the magic of the corridor sucking their powers out from them. We three saved them in the knick of time before they could lose all their powers.